5'2, 200lbs, woman looking for support

Options
As I stated I am a 5'2, 200lbs female who likes to run ( yes I actually enjoy it, once I get started) looking for support. I have gained 10lbs over the last few months do to abdominal pain. Ok that's why I haven't ran or worked out since 1 June but that does not excuse the horrid food choices. I have since found the source of my pain and will be having laparoscopic surgery in the near future.
Meanwhile I am getting my crap together nutritionally. I also hope to still reach my goal of an 8k race before the end of 2013.
Would love the support of others similar in stats or who have had the same type of surgery/recovery. Thanks a bunch and good luck on your own journeys :-)

Replies

• BluthLover
    BluthLover Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Ok first off don't be so hard on yourself. You were in pain and you made some bad choices. oh well!! You will feel much better soon and things will get easier! I would be happy to be supportive but just know that it isn't gonna do any good at all to beat yourself up. Being in pain can make me eat emotionally also. Just take things one step at a time and be PROUD of any progress you do make!
  • jeansuza
    jeansuza Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I agree with Bluthlover. Don't be too hard on yourself. I would even say: Be good to yourself! Indulge! You are suffering and you need so much love! Eating unhealthy food and in excessive quantities is not a way to love yourself because it is harmful. LOVE YOUR BODY AND MIND in all the good ways you can imagine. You deserve it!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I'm also 5'2" and just over halfway through my weight loss journey. I started C25K in May and ran 4.55 miles yesterday so I totally get the running thing!
  • liquidjem
    liquidjem Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    You can add me, I am also 5'2, and I like to run. I am nowhere near an 8k though! :) 5 K could be in the realm of possibilities! I'm pretty good about logging and supporting my friends! Good luck with everything!
  • shortandfaithful
    Options
    I do agree with not beating myself up I was just amazed at how "bad" I truly was. Now it's time to fix it as best as I can I until I can get back out there. Worse thing is my biggest stress reliever is running and right now it hurts to much. So double stress. Oh we'll suck it up buttercup right.
  • tyal0523
    Options
    Running was always so hard for me, but since I've completed two rounds of Insanity, I've come in first in a 10k for my age group, ran several 5k's, completed my first half marathon in 2hrs, and fixing to run my first Marathon!!!!!! Feel free to add me or message me!!!!!