Lost Motivation, help?

Options
How do I get that motivation back? Right now I am feeling really down and I don't know what to do. I know I should exercise but I just feel like crap. Has anyone else had this problem? Just wanting to give up all together? Can anyone tell me how I can fix this?

Replies

• fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    When I get that way I force myself to get out moving again. Take a walk early in the morning and take in the fresh morning air. It gets thinking of how good it is to be healthy and able to move around better. I start to think of how I want this to continue. Then when I get home I feel rejuvenated and ready to start the new day.

Try to think of why you're doing this in the first place and if you give up now do you really want to gain or undo all of your hard work from the past x amount of months or years? I know I don't. I reached my goal long ago but decided to try for a few more pounds. I was happy with where I was for awhile then thought I could certainly keep going for a bit. But before I redid my plan and decided to go for more I didn't give up or go backwards. I always kept in mind that I didn't want to ruin all of that hard work to get where I was just to have to redo it all again.

Don't look back.... just keep looking forward in anything you do. If you look back then do so as a reminder of how far you've come.

Hope you get what I'm trying to say. :flowerforyou:
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: honey, it is very hard to keep going sometimes! I think we all go through that from time to time! but, just remember what it feels like to accomplish your goals! there is nothing like that feeling! I agree with the person above, start a walk routine & stick with it, hopefully you can go from there to extra exercise! it does make you feel good! then make a menu in advance for your meals & throw out everything that is not healthy for you! by planning in advance it is so much easier to stay on track! I am your mfp friend! if you need further encouragement & support, please let me know! that is what we are all here for, for each other!
  • tyal0523
    Options
    WHY ARE YOU WORKING OUT? Ask your self, remind yourself why you started!!!!!! What workout program are you using? You need a good support group!!!!!! message me if your interested!!!!!
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I think I saw some motivation lying on the side of the trail about 3 miles from you house. I'll bet if you run there, you'll find it. :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    How do I get that motivation back? Right now I am feeling really down and I don't know what to do. I know I should exercise but I just feel like crap. Has anyone else had this problem? Just wanting to give up all together? Can anyone tell me how I can fix this?

stand infront of a full length mirror in your underwear.... happy? no? put down the cake and go work out!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    When I get that way I force myself to get out moving again. Take a walk early in the morning and take in the fresh morning air. It gets thinking of how good it is to be healthy and able to move around better. I start to think of how I want this to continue. Then when I get home I feel rejuvenated and ready to start the new day.

Try to think of why you're doing this in the first place and if you give up now do you really want to gain or undo all of your hard work from the past x amount of months or years? I know I don't. I reached my goal long ago but decided to try for a few more pounds. I was happy with where I was for awhile then thought I could certainly keep going for a bit. But before I redid my plan and decided to go for more I didn't give up or go backwards. I always kept in mind that I didn't want to ruin all of that hard work to get where I was just to have to redo it all again.

Don't look back.... just keep looking forward in anything you do. If you look back then do so as a reminder of how far you've come.

Hope you get what I'm trying to say. :flowerforyou:

This is excellent advice!
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I think I saw some motivation lying on the side of the trail about 3 miles from you house. I'll bet if you run there, you'll find it. :)

I know y'all came here to help & inspire the OP, but I have to say thank you from me, too!

Last week I had a lazy week; I was just plain exhausted, & this weekend I'm fighting a borderline migraine (all different sorts of medication, 4 days later & I still can't shift this stupid headache!) and I just can't seem to jump back into it.

Above was great!!! Tomorrow morning, I'm tying on my shoes & gonna see if I can locate the motivation. 3 miles you say? You are on!