WOMEN ONLY - CLEAN EATING 80% OR HIGHER

Options
Hello Ladies,

So I've been clean eating for a month and my tom came this week, but only for 2 days?! I'm not going to complain about this lol, but my cycle is normally 5-6 days long. Is this normal??

Thank you in advance!

Ebonie

Replies

• VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Whenever there is a quick dietary change in a woman's life it can effect her cycle.
  • dynamitegalxo
    dynamitegalxo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    How much weight have you lost? What do your workouts look like? If you've gone from relatively sedentary to active all of a sudden, that can also have an effect on the length of your period. Body weight/composition and activity have a huge effect on our hormones!
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    When I have done sugar detoxes in the past my periods are hugely improved, shorter, lighter, no cramps. Several months ago I had endometrial ablasion surgery so I have none of it now. :)
  • Suleya
    Options
    I made similar experiences, most often it is nothing to worry about, the cycle reacts to changes in diet :) But, if you stop having one completly, you should go to a doctor
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Yes, I started eating clean about 9 months ago and my periods have never been really regular, but now they are regular and shorter. The regular thing I am not so cracked up about, but the shorter thing rocks!
  • HisSunnyjo
    Options
    Hi, I am a habitual clean eater who was injured, pretty severely in January, and have found solace in junk. I am 40 pounds heavier than I have ever been. This morning I had a super clean breakfast and hopped back on mfp. I have decided even though I am limited in my mobility I am going to spend 30 minuets a day with my kettle bell and that I am will spend every once of remaining energy on putting the most healthy and whole morsels in my mouth. Not an easy place to be, hobbled, but I am hoping that community will help. :wink:
  • sweepgurl101
    Options
    How much weight have you lost? What do your workouts look like? If you've gone from relatively sedentary to active all of a sudden, that can also have an effect on the length of your period. Body weight/composition and activity have a huge effect on our hormones!

So far I've lost 78lbs - I work out 5 - 6 days a week and nothing has really changed - just my diet. I'm assuming that my body is going through a shock from having processed food to some/none.
  • vaultgirlsam
    vaultgirlsam Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Mine was 6 days late this month after changing my diet. Bodies are crazy. :)
  • sweepgurl101
    Options
    Tell me about it lol
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    If you are that concerned about it, go see a doctor.