WWYD- bad nutrition day.

Options
Yesterday was our 34 wedding anniversary....thankyou..thankyou. Work let me out early, and I had my eating all logged into MFP. Well I stopped on the way home and got a bottle of Barcardi and diet coke. Then the celebration began. I then ate popcorn and nuts and the finally was order a pizza and bread sticks. I have been so on track since the end of March and have not missed a day. Part of me wants to just forget it and move on and the other part wants me to try to log in my "bad day". I just got a fitbit and have been doing a lot of walking. I was thinking just forget it and do x-tra walking this week and move on. What is your answer? Thanks love this place.

Replies

• Teenalove912
    Teenalove912 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! 24 years is no joke. Yes best thing to do is move along. I love the idea of the extra walking. Yesterday I ate too much so today I'll just do extra exercise today. Best to you.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary!! :flowerforyou:

Now, for my 2 cents. It was an anniversary, so it was not a "bad day". I wouldn't log it myself. Life is to be enjoyed and celebrated.

Forget it and move on. I just celebrated 30 yrs & did exactly this that I'm telling you. We celebrated, we enjoyed, I ate/drank like I wanted, then moved on the next day.
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    It doesn't hurt to log it, then you can figure out how much walking you need to do to work off the calories you consumed. Then forget about it and go on.
  • prdavies1949
    prdavies1949 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    On birthdays, wedding anniversaries, high days and holidays. I celebrate, eat and drink like I always used to. I log 3 or 4 thousand quick cals depending on how well I celebrated. Then I move on. I continue the journey as if nothing had happened and I have still lost over 100lbs in eleven months. I hope you had a great day and enjoyed yourself.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    happy anniversary!!

i usually log bad days too - don't worry about it, one day isn't going to put you off course. hope you had a great day :)
  • russellbrand69
    russellbrand69 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    It doesn't hurt to log it, then you can figure out how much walking you need to do to work off the calories you consumed. Then forget about it and go on.

I agree - log it then forget it. You can't just log the good days, then it isn't consistent logging!

You need to log it to take responsibility for it, then forget it and move on because it isn't a big deal.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    If you can remember everything you ate and have the time to do it, log it.

Personally, I'd leave it and move on. One day will not have a long term effect on your progress!

Happy anniversary!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I log every single day no matter what. If I have a bad day, I still log it. Then I move on, because it is in the past and I can't do anything to change it. I don't have a time machine.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Mazel tov!

For one thing, it was not a 'bad' day. There are no bad days, only days when you veer from your plan. Celebratory days are the perfect times for that. There is no reason to deny yourself a lovely celebration on a special day. That will just lead to you feeling bad about the whole process. Celebrate!!! Enjoy!

But do try to log it as best you can. Even if it's just a bunch of wild guesses. Log it, but don't dwell on it. It is the reality. You ate what you ate. Pretending that you didn't, won't help you. Dwelling and feeling guilty, won't help you. But just treat it as fact, you ate it, you log it, you move on.

Also, one day of overeating will not change the scale. You might see a couple extra pounds of water retention today, because most likely your dinner out was high in sodium. But that will pass, it's not actual weight gain. Don't sweat it.

Again, congratulations!!
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    I tend to not categorize days (or food) as good or bad and go about my day. One day is nothing in the grand scheme of things, so move on and get back to it.

And congrats....
  • MsAnn07
    MsAnn07 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary!! Log it and move on...I log all days good or bad...
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary!!! I would log it, but not stress over it. And remember that today's a new day :smile:
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    One day is nothing in the grand scheme of things, so move on and get back to it.
    QFT
  • hazellac
    hazellac Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I too would log, if only for the sake of consistency. I gave up drinking coke for a week and today I just felt like drinking it so I'm having a couple of cans. I'll log it, my sugar is way over for today already but I'm not going to beat myself up over it. Eating healthy is now my lifestyle choice but it doesn't mean I can't indulge a little sometimes it just makes the indulgences and special occasions even more special and fun.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Log it and start fresh the next day. One day doesn't undo all your great progress. No need to try to compensate for it.
  • mlrodgers381
    mlrodgers381 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I look at this two different ways:

If logging it is going to cause you stress and make you feel like you "failed" because you had a one day celebration, then don't log it!! We have enough things against us in our weight loss journey and don't need any additional negative thoughts to get in the way.

But...

If logging it will make you feel better that you were honest with yourself that you allowed yourself to have your one day of celebration and then you moved on and started again the next day, then by all means log it!!

My opinion? I think it was your anniversary and you are allowed to celebrate any way you want to and that you're STILL a rock star!!
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I would log it. Maybe create a "bad meal" for it.

And then carry on as before.
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    We need to stop using the word "bad" when talking about food. There is no bad food. Just some with higher calories. All of my healthy friends enjoy higher calorie meals. They just limit them and continue their active lifestyle. Life is going to have birthday cake, pizza, burgers, potato chips, ice cream etc etc etc.
  • amie709
    Options
    Congrats!!

definately log it in. Don't ever cheat yourself by not logging what you eat. Having 1 bad day every 6 months is not doing to undo your hard work!! Log it in so you know you didn't skip on yourself and get back to your regular program!!
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    You've been on track since March and had ONE bad eating day? So out of roughly 180 days one, just one, was a little off? 179/180 sounds good to me. Don't stress over it.