spaghetti fail!

Options
I love Italian cuisine. What I like is mostly horrible for you so I was excited to find a recipe for meatless lasagna. 1cp cottage cheese, 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce and some mozzarella. Nuke and voila! I think I nuked mine a lil too much it came out really liquidy and the cheese was weird. I poured it over 1oz of wg spaghetti noodles. It was ok, not amazing buy ok. I enjoy that it made me very full but I was wondering if anyone has any Italian recipes they'd like to share with me that actually taste pretty darn good. Last night I had wg pasta with chicken, zucchini and sun dried tomato pesto. Talk about yum! If you'd like to swap healthy recipes add me!

Replies

• Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how legitimately Italian this is, but it's delicious:

http://www.skinnymom.com/2012/07/25/skinny-chicken-florentine/
  • salsera_barbie
    salsera_barbie Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Kraft has a spinach lasagna that I love. The spinach makes it feel "meaty".
  • Inshape13
    Inshape13 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Even though this lady drives me nuts to watch the recipe sounds like it would be pretty good. I would still include part skim ricotta as part of the cheese though to keep it similar to traditional lasagna and go with more eggplant than zucchini.

http://www.hungry-girl.com/show/more-surprises-shockers-and-swaps-veggie-rific-noodle-free-lasagna-recipe
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I love Italian cuisine. What I like is mostly horrible for you so I was excited to find a recipe for meatless lasagna. 1cp cottage cheese, 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce and some mozzarella. Nuke and voila! I think I nuked mine a lil too much it came out really liquidy and the cheese was weird. I poured it over 1oz of wg spaghetti noodles. It was ok, not amazing buy ok. I enjoy that it made me very full but I was wondering if anyone has any Italian recipes they'd like to share with me that actually taste pretty darn good. Last night I had wg pasta with chicken, zucchini and sun dried tomato pesto. Talk about yum! If you'd like to swap healthy recipes add me!

What makes you think that Italian food is "mostly horrible for you"?
  • asundeen88
    asundeen88 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Well I said the Italian food I like is bad because I love mostly pasta dishes with cheese/cream sauce. I know not all Italian cuisine isn't bad for you but I know a traditional bowl a chicken fetticini would probably take a good amount of my calories
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Well I said the Italian food I like is bad because I love mostly pasta dishes with cheese/cream sauce. I know not all Italian cuisine isn't bad for you but I know a traditional bowl a chicken fetticini would probably take a good amount of my calories

The trick is portion control. Eat a serving of pasta - 200 calories typically - with a serving of sauce and a serving of cheese and a serving of meat. I can have a pasta dinner for 300-350 calories (pasta, chicken, marinara sauce). Served with a side salad for another 50, and that's dinner for less than 400 cals.
  • asundeen88
    asundeen88 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That chicken spinach Florentine looks sooo good!
  • salsera_barbie
    salsera_barbie Posts: 270 Member
    Options

I've made spaghetti with lean ground beef, and spinach. Once you turn off the heat put some Greek yogurt. It's amazing. Really creamy, and delicious.

I too love Italian.