Sweetner for coffee?

Options
I am really watching my sugar intake and I was drinking a cup of coffee in the mornings. I tried a sugar free vanilla creamer and thought it made the coffee bitter tasting. Any ideas on how to sweeten it up without the sugar free aftertaste? I appreciate any ideas. Thanks !:happy:

Replies

• brittany0859
    Options
    I use almond milk or coconut milk and stevia. I like to use French Vanilla stevia or hazelnut in my coffee
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    I am really watching my sugar intake and I was drinking a cup of coffee in the mornings. I tried a sugar free vanilla creamer and thought it made the coffee bitter tasting. Any ideas on how to sweeten it up without the sugar free aftertaste? I appreciate any ideas. Thanks !:happy:

Is there a reason you are watching your sugar intake?
  • scarlettsky7
    scarlettsky7 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    i use trader joes unsweetened vanilla almond milk (in the refrigerated section). its delicious.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I prefer honey and from time to time I switch it up with agave nectar.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I use sugar.
  • stephv38
    stephv38 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Sugar causes insulin spikes and can create artificial dips and rises in hunger and energy. I use truvia, which is a stevia product. I also use a non-sweetened vanilla almond milk- 30 cal per cup and lots of calcium.
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I used to love the creamer but now I just drink it black. But from time to time if I want a flavour to it I add in a few teaspoons of sugar or honey and some vanilla extract. I can't stand fake sugar, it leaves a terrible aftertaste. if you like it with cream too then almond milk is pretty awesome. Or just put milk or cream.
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    I use this stuff which on some threads is evil, the death of man, etc. But we just call it sugar. So sugar as a sweetener is first and only choice here.
  • madworld1
    Options
    I like Stevia.
  • railzy
    railzy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the responses. The reason I started looking at my sugars is due to the fact that nothing was working. I drank sodas, lots of processed sugary foods and even though I was counting them and working out - the weight wasn't moving. So, I started watching my sugar intake and the weight finally started moving. I try to stay between 20-35 grams of sugar now. I wanted to keep drinking the coffee since I gave up the sodas.
  • lima013
    lima013 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Truvia helps a lot with the sweetness.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the responses. The reason I started looking at my sugars is due to the fact that nothing was working. I drank sodas, lots of processed sugary foods and even though I was counting them and working out - the weight wasn't moving. So, I started watching my sugar intake and the weight finally started moving. I try to stay between 20-35 grams of sugar now. I wanted to keep drinking the coffee since I gave up the sodas.

Unless you have a medical condition, there is no reason to eliminate items. You found a calorie deficit and that is the reason the scale started moving......