Unexplained weight loss -Really concerned

Options
Some time in February/March, I was weighed in at over 210 pounds, and over the past few months, I have dropped 33 pounds and weigh somewhere around 177. I have not been purposefully trying to diet and lose weight, but the pace that I am losing the weight is concerning me. I am averaging around three to six pounds lost per week, and I can only come up with a few reasons as to why I am losing it so fast:
1. I have recently moved houses, and from April until the middle of July, was used to only eating one big meal per day.
2. I am under a lot of stress from moving houses and having my classes start back up, and I have been skipping breakfast and lunch to give me more time to study.
3. Over the past few months, I have noticed that I became a really slow eater. I went out for breakfast this morning, and it took me over 40 minutes to eat 3/4 of a waffle and 1/2 of a hash brown. I can typically take four or five bites out of a meal and start feeling full. I wonder if my stomach magically shrunk because of how little I was eating during the move.

I am starting to get concerned over this weight loss. I had difficulties losing weight a few years ago, and it seems odd that I am losing it so quickly now.

Replies

• laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Definitely see a doctor about this. It could be stress, but there are so many possibilities you would be smart to get checked by a medical professional.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    If you are that concerned about it, go see a doctor.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    What the other posters said.
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Options
    When in doubt... get it checked out, by a doctor that is!
    I hope you find some peace in your life soon!:flowerforyou:
  • mlrodgers381
    mlrodgers381 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    That is a lot of weight to lose without really trying. Although I'm sure some of that is because of the reasons you listed, it still sounds like too much for just what you're doing. I know it sounds scary, but maybe you should make a doctor appt. and just get yourself checked out. Weight loss like that could be from something more serious, so just to be safe go get yourself checked out.
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Get yourself to a doctor. It's probably the best place to start. All your reasons sound valid, but still, it sounds like you need a good check-up to rule out any medical reasons.
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    See a doctor. It is not normal to feel full with just a few bites of food.
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    If it's contagious, I'll give you my address!
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    See a doctor. It is not normal to feel full with just a few bites of food.

Yep. Could be stress. Could be nothing. Could be a huge cancer in your stomach. Get it checked. Now.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    You sound a lot like me. When I am under stress, I will actually forget to eat as I will have little or no appetite. My stomach will feel physically "knotted" and I won't want to put anything in it. Whereas some people are emotional eaters, I am the exact opposite.

I don't think there's anything wrong with you, but it certainly can't hurt to see a doctor. Also, 200 lbs is too high of a weight for a woman of any height, so that's probably why it is coming off pretty easily.

What I would do is to track your food consistently and make sure you are eating a balanced diet. Get lots of fruits, vegetables and lean protein. They will not only help you with your body, but your mind as well.

Best of luck!
  • MrsMohawk
    MrsMohawk Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Please make a doctor apt.

I wasn't dieting not exercising the weight just fell off. 20 lbs . I then found out why because I was diagnosed diabetic.
  • xxmarysmxx
    xxmarysmxx Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Ask a Doctor not a message board.