curious need opinions

Options
Is it better to go by mfp calories and eat back exercise calories or trying to figure out tdee and activity level which is different every day?

Replies

• Hungry_Gurl
    Hungry_Gurl Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I think everyone has a different opinion on this. I personally can only eat back exercise calories half the week to see results. You have to find what works for you.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Is it better to go by mfp calories and eat back exercise calories or trying to figure out tdee and activity level which is different every day?

That is going to be your choice and whatever will help you stick to your plan.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    For me the two work out to be about the same.... it's really all about personal preference.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    If you are awesome at doing what you say you will and want a program you don't have to plan around (changing) every day, TDEE may be for you. If you are someone who isn't as committed in practice as in ideals, I would do MFP the way it is designed. (You could also pick an activity setting based on projected exercise and follow that program.)
  • eahill4
    eahill4 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Typically I don't eat back exercise calories. If I do it never exceeds half.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options

MFP goals and eating back exercise calories has worked for me. I have been maintaining for a year using the same plan.

If you want to go down the tdee route then scooby.com is a good site.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Completely depends on the person, their activity and their preferences.

My calorie output varies enormously from day to day and week to week so I prefer the MFP way.
    Other people prefer the simplicity of eating the same amount every day.

Do what suits you!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Whatever's easier for you. I got tired of having to get my HRM out all the time so I just switched to TDEE-20% after a few months.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Typically I don't eat back exercise calories. If I do it never exceeds half.

I do this and the MFP calories for my sedentary job. It's working for me at about 2.5 lbs per week for the last 3 weeks. I really think that the important thing is to do SOMETHING to make a positive change.