Your favorite protein bars!

Options
Hi everyone!
I find the protein bars which I have tasted to be sooo sweet. I could do without all the sweetness of them! So far I have only tried nutramino, and I have just ordered 24 Quest bars in the flavors chocolate peanut butter and cinnamon bun flavor.

Which protein bars would you recommend? Low in sugar, with lots of protein, less carbs, and little fat.

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Quest is the only one I've found that actually keeps me full and has enough protein.
  • Plagued
    Options
    Quest all the way! Great taste, looow carb. CCCD, and coconut cashew are the best.
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I have discovered the ThinkThin bars which I love even more than the Quest bar.
  • gbel1975
    gbel1975 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are really good. High protein. High fiber. Very low carb for those who are on a limited carb diet. Plus gluten-free.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are really good. High protein. High fiber. Very low carb for those who are on a limited carb diet. Plus gluten-free.

Cookie Dough is awesome!!!
  • JustQuitIt
    Options
    InBars from InBalance are AMAZING, but kind of pricey.. 17g carb, 10g fiber and I like the texture a lot better than quest bars, which are so dense (but still good :) )
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I make my own normally, but if I buy them I like the Quest bars. Lots of flavors!
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Options
    Quest or GTFO
  • QuincyChick
    QuincyChick Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Quest is the only one I've found that actually keeps me full and has enough protein.

This. I love them.
  • missability
    Options
    I went on a "quest" a while back for a protein bar with no sugar substitutes...high protein (more than 8 or 10 g), and decent fiber...Every search I did took me back to Quest....So I bit the bullet and went to our local GNC....expensive, but I bought 4 flavors I thought I would like...Lemon cream pie, chocolate brownie, mixed Berry, they were doing a "Buy 3 get 1 free" promo, so I just grabbed a Coconut cashew, didn't even really look....

Turned out the coconut cashew was the one I liked best! The mixed berry was good, but I live in the south east coast and we have berries most of the year so I was already eating berries everyday....the Lemon cream pie, and the chocolate brownie were not good, SOLEY MY OPINION....I went on to try the banana nut muffin, the cinnamon roll, and the chocolate peanut butter. I like all of them equally.

But this new flavor, "White chocolate raspberry" I LOVE!!!! more calories. 190 versus the 160 and 170 of the others, but I bought a whole case for $25 on Vitacost.com....the shipping is free if you order more than $49 worth of items, and I buy my coconut sugar, coconut flour, minimal mercury tuna, chemical free household cleaners, make-up, etc on their site every month, so free shipping make it a little over $2 a bar versus the almost $3 a bar at GNC.....Good luck! Hope you like them:)

PS: Sometimes Amazon is a little cheaper than Vitacost, and if you are a prime member shipping is free....I always check both sites and buy where it's cheapest...:)
  • ND55971
    Options
    I make my own normally, but if I buy them I like the Quest bars. Lots of flavors!

I also make my own. From Bodybuilding.com, I have tried the chocolate, lemon and pumpkin protein bars, and they are all tasty and filling. They are made without preservatives though, and require refridgeration. I learned the hard way last week. They mold pretty fast if left out for 5 days :)

I just bought Quest the first time yesterday. So far, I love the Chocolate Brownie flavor. But they are not actually low carb, they say they were 4g of carbs, but they are actually 20-27 grams because there is no sugar or sugar alcohols. But they have those preservatives, and if you're trying to eat "clean" they don't meet the requirement.
  • Francl27
    Options

I also make my own. From Bodybuilding.com, I have tried the chocolate, lemon and pumpkin protein bars, and they are all tasty and filling. They are made without preservatives though, and require refridgeration. I learned the hard way last week. They mold pretty fast if left out for 5 days :)

I just bought Quest the first time yesterday. So far, I love the Chocolate Brownie flavor. But they are not actually low carb, they say they were 4g of carbs, but they are actually 20-27 grams because there is no sugar or sugar alcohols. But they have those preservatives, and if you're trying to eat "clean" they don't meet the requirement.

Quest bars are low carb, 20g of those 20-27g are fiber.
  • Mouseanonymous802
    Options
    Not a bar, but protein thru innovation crisps (they're in my diary for today) have 142 cals 9g carbs, like 3 g fat and 20g protein and are yummy and not sweet and it's a really big bag. Better than protein bars for like 300 calories!
  • bingefreeaubree
    bingefreeaubree Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I love Quest Bars but they're way too expensive for me to buy! Plus, my local supermarkets don't carry them, so I'd have to buy online which makes them all the more expensive. I buy the bars by the brand "Eat Good. Look Great. PURE PROTEIN Bars" The chocolate deluxe flavor is the best. Not delicious like a candy bar, but pretty good. Nutrition Facts: 180 calories; 20g protein; 2g sugar; total fat 4g (2.5g sat fat; 0g trans fat) They're not half bad. I do prefer my Designer Whey protein shakes for 18g protein and only 100 calories and no fat though. But talking bars, Pure Protein Bars are okay. :smile:
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Quest Bars all the way!!
  • Francl27
    Options
    I love Quest Bars but they're way too expensive for me to buy! Plus, my local supermarkets don't carry them, so I'd have to buy online which makes them all the more expensive. I buy the bars by the brand "Eat Good. Look Great. PURE PROTEIN Bars" The chocolate deluxe flavor is the best. Not delicious like a candy bar, but pretty good. Nutrition Facts: 180 calories; 20g protein; 2g sugar; total fat 4g (2.5g sat fat; 0g trans fat) They're not half bad. I do prefer my Designer Whey protein shakes for 18g protein and only 100 calories and no fat though. But talking bars, Pure Protein Bars are okay. :smile:

Just not the s'mores onces. Yikes. I bought a box by mistake, I'm not sure I'll ever finish them.
  • maryhitt
    maryhitt Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I buy Parrillo protein bars at my gym. They are not as sweet as many. They are also VERY dense so that they take longer to chew, thereby satisfying your hunger more.

You can also buy them from the manufacturer: http://www.parrillo.com/products.asp.

Click on the flavors you like to get a breakdown of the nutritional information.
  • ashandstuff
    ashandstuff Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Luna bars!!!

Because they have ones that are gluten free. ;]
  • FooFatFighters
    FooFatFighters Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Quest Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough or White Chocolate & Raspberry since both aren't as tough as the normal Quest bars. Or I just make my own fake Quest bars. If you have an Amazon Prime account you can get free shipping on Quest bars, or if you order directly from Quest you can get free shipping using the coupon code 'hero' or 'sample' Not sure which one works but try either one. Also GNC or Vitamin Shop (can't remember which) often has buy 3 get one free or something like that.