Drink of choice?

Options
Have a lot of parties and events coming up in the next few months, and I'm just wondering what kind of alcoholic beverages everyone drinks that are low on the calorie count.

Replies

• AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Rum and Diet....less than 120 calories for 2oz of rum and 4 oz of diet
  • Kara78155
    Options
    Way to think ahead!! Any ideas for drinks without artificial sweeteners though?
  • badshot
    Options
    Red Red Wine
  • littlemamajamie
    littlemamajamie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Check out Hungrygirl.com they have lots of low calorie recipes including beverages :)
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    good thread! my 21st birthday is friday! so i'm going to be watching :)
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Vodka and cranberry (1.5 ounces vodka,'4 ounces cranberry juice): 18 carb grams, 172 calories.
    Vodka Collins (1.5 ounces vodka, 3 ounces sweet-and-sour mix, 3.5 ounces club soda):
    Rum and Coke (2 ounces rum, 4 ounces cola): 13 carb grams, 182 calories
    Gin and tonic (2 ounces gin, 4 ounces tonic water): 21 carb grams, 178 calories
    Whiskey sour (1.5 ounces whiskey, 3 ounces sour mix, splash of cherry juice and bitters, if desired): 17 carb grams, 175 calories: Manhattan (2.5 ounces whiskey, 1 ounce sweet vermouth, dash of bitters): 4 carb grams, 210 calories.

...found this all on a website about Cocktails....and I have to plan ahead with stuff like this. With my husband being in the military EVERY function alcohol is involved....
  • LisaJayne71
    LisaJayne71 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    My absolute favourite are mojito's and caprihinas... but sadly they are loaded with calories!!

I tend to have a few glasses of champagne as my tipple or red wine (as it's low in sugar) or vodka, lime and soda...
    The vodka, lime and soda takes some getting used to if you are used to sweet drinks but I read something the other day about how diet sodas are the worst thing for you as well as regular soda so I am now cutting out diet mixers!!
  • ljc1057
    ljc1057 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    My new favorite drink is an Ice Pick - Unsweetened Tea and a flavored vodka. I like Orange, Raspberry, and Lemon. The vodka adds a little sweet to the tea.
  • byebyechub
    Options
    I don't know how many other people are a fan of this, but I really love Vodka and Diet Coke. I am mostly a whiskey drinker though, so when I want it, I just order it on the rocks and sip away very SLOWLY throughout the night.

My biggest tip is to order a water in between any drinks you do have though. This way, you maintain the feeling of joining in on the social aspect of drinking, but cut all of your calories and alcohol intake in half.

Congrats on the quitting smoking by the way!
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Try having a fuzzy navel
  • vlynnvale
    vlynnvale Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of your suggestions! They all sound delish. :wink: