Question about Increased Water Intake

Options
RhineDHP
RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
Lately I've been slowly decreasing my intake of soda and trying to drink more water. As it stood I was probably overall drinking less than 3 glasses of water everyday, in addition to eating very high sodium foods.

My question is, with increased water intake, do you just have to live with having to go to the bathroom every two seconds? I find that I do feel better with more water, but man its so annoying to stop what I'm doing and use the restroom so often, lol!

Replies

• Nar1965
    Options
    So funny, the same thing happened to me. I was about to start logging my jogging trips to the rest room, they took up so much of my day! I read somewhere that the body does adjust, and that seems to be true for me. I've gone from almost no water to 8 glasses a day (give or take) and am back on a more regular pee schedule!
  • brooksaceb
    brooksaceb Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I do....for every bottle i pee like three times.. at first i thought it was evidence of a medical problem but i checked out good. So for now i make sure when i drink my water theres a bathroom around. At least my pee is clearer
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    So I guess to some effect you have to live with it. Sigh, ah well, small price to pay for being healthier!
  • l911jnt
    l911jnt Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    yep... i went cold turkey without soda or sweet tea for three weeks now and started drinking between 5 an 7 bottles of water a day. Peed more in three weeks than my whole life lol.
  • princessrisariri
    princessrisariri Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I just started keto and it made me more thirsty so I didn't have to try drink more water, I was craving it.

I now drink at least 3litres a day, most in water, some in tea.

I need to pee nearly all the time, I just 'wait' till I am about to burst then go so my workmates don't think I am sciving all the time!

Maybe its counts as a kegal muscle workout or something to practise holding it in hehe

Anyway when I pee it goes on for ages I am sure I pee out more than I ever drink!

I too am hoping I adjust :(
  • markymark_82
    Options
    Yes. Increased washroom breaks will be necessary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urinary_bladder - Bladders, on average, hold 300-350 ml of water.

So, drinking 10 cups of water (general guideline at 250 ml or just over 8 oz) means you'll be hitting the stalls a BIT more often than you are used to.

Your kidney's thank you!
  • Bryan24680
    Bryan24680 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good thing about water for me is that it gets me off the computer for a little bit. :laugh:
  • SamMorBelsmom
    SamMorBelsmom Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I too, have recently increased my water intake to 118 oz of water a day (I am a breast feeding mom). The first day I did it, one I couldn't drink that much, lol. and I was peeing all day and all night. I almost didn't do it the second day but my dietitian told me too so I chugged away. Still peed all day but the night time was less. Third day, I felt amazing, I was craving water. if I went more than an hour without drinking, I was parched. I still peed a lot but I did notice a decrease in frequency and urgenancy. Today was day 4 and it is getting way better. I don't think your body adjust to it. For drinking that much fluid though, you are going to have to go more than when you arn't. I hope this help and I am always looking for a buddy.

PS. I also reached my 118 oz before dinner today and continued my drinking...