96 calories in a banana?!

Options
I feel so bad right now, UNKNOWINGLY ate about 7 bananas as I've been soo hungry all day craving chocolate like crazy. I just looked up how many calories in 1 banana and its 96?! :noway: I feel so sad and angry with myself for eating so many bananas and going way ABOVE my calories per day. :grumble: feel like I've just screwed up my diet routine.. its not my fault bananas taste so good! I'm not to keen on other fruits and before you ask, NO I didn't want veggies lol. Now I'm going for a 2 hour cycle :sad:
The point of this post was to find out how the hell that works lol!! I could of had 2 biscuits for that many calories.. but I WILL resist!! no more bananas !! :laugh:

Replies

• DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    the satiation of bananas are horrid
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It depends on their size, to be honest. Most of the time average ones are like 75 calories... not that it helps you, lol. But yeah... I usually try not to have them too often (plus they go bad so fast. Sigh).
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    You can't screw up with one day. Just move on. A lot of people are surprised by calories in fruit. Consider it lesson learned to pre-log unfamiliar items. :flowerforyou:
  • stacyhaddenham
    stacyhaddenham Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself. You could have done worse than so many banana's. Accidentally ate 900 calories in nuts one time. lol Some times we just learn the calorie count of "good" foods the hard way.
  • JustMeee333
    Options
    7 banana's,.. Just hope you don't have any 'reaction' :laugh:
  • youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Yes, you could have had two biscuits for the same amount of calories, but two bananas are an infinitely healthier choice.

If you think you can keep yourself from inhaling a whole bar of chocolate, go ahead and let yourself have one or two squares. I eat a square of chocolate EVERY DAY, if I want it, so I never feel deprived or like I'm missing out on what I want. Let yourself have tiny indulgences here and there so you don't have another situation in which you eat three or four times as many calories as you would have if you just let yourself have a little piece of chocolate.

If you want to try making your own healthy desserts, visit chocolatecoveredkatie.com for delicious, "guilt-free" recipes
  • Shesaid_destroy
    Options
    Guess you'll never forget the cal count of bananas now. Sometimes you have to learn the 'hard' way.
    Let's just hope it doesn't wreck havoc in your stomach... :flowerforyou:
  • asundeen88
    asundeen88 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Careful that many bananas might stop you up. I have yo monitor my daughter's banana intake because she loves them so much but she already has constipation problems :/
  • beverlyweaver73
    beverlyweaver73 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I was surprised by the amount of sugar in a banana. Well chalk it up to a lesson learned and move on. :flowerforyou: Don't beat yourself up too bad. Begin again!
  • gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    They're bananas! No one is fat because they ate too many bananas. Just log it and move on.

If I am really hardcore craving something like chocolate or chips, I will just have them. Otherwise I seem to eat everything else in the house AND whatever I am craving. Usually a genuine craving is satisfied after having a small amount.

For example a couple of weeks ago I was craving chocolate chip ice cream. It just would not go away. I didn't want to buy a whole pint or half gallon because then I would eat the whole thing. So, my husband and I went out for ice cream that night and I had one scoop of chocolate chip. Granted, it was a Baskin-Robin's scoop so it was kind if big, but it was about a half cup. The craving went away and I didn't go nuts eating a whole container.
  • youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    They're bananas! No one is fat because they ate too many bananas. Just log it and move on.

If I am really hardcore craving something like chocolate or chips, I will just have them. Otherwise I seem to eat everything else in the house AND whatever I am craving. Usually a genuine craving is satisfied after having a small amount.

For example a couple of weeks ago I was craving chocolate chip ice cream. It just would not go away. I didn't want to buy a whole pint or half gallon because then I would eat the whole thing. So, my husband and I went out for ice cream that night and I had one scoop of chocolate chip. Granted, it was a Baskin-Robin's scoop so it was kind if big, but it was about a half cup. The craving went away and I didn't go nuts eating a whole container.

Yup. This.^^^
  • msneave
    Options
    I eat 1-2 bananas per day and would rather have those than cookies. Natural sugar always better than man-made sugar even the fake kind. It's not the banana that's the problem. It's the lack of balance in a person's diet that usually causes the cravings. Maybe next time eat the banana with 6 walnuts or a teaspoon of peanut butter or with cottage cheese or some other protein/fat source. Restriction is pointless. Finding a balance of nutrients that trigger fat metabolism in your body is really the key to calories control craving control and weight management.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Totally this.
  • KhaoticSoul
    Options
    Dont feel bad, just put it down to being human, and learn from it :) I dont cut things out of my diet completely that I like just because they are bad for me as life is for living, not just to calorie count or worry about having a bad day. I do follow a more paleo lifestyle as I found its easier to control hidden calories by eliminating pre packaged processed foods, and I have found that my bloated sicky, lethargic feelings were stopped by avoiding things like pastas, breads, wheat based stuff, potatos, but I still like to go out for meals without having to worry about what Im eating. I just make sure that 99% of the time my diet is balanced and try to find healtier alternatives to my favourite meals that taste just as good (Eggplant lasange for example, use eggplant instead of pasta sheets. you can even make a great eggplant sauce instead of white sauce:) ) Then that 1% of the time I eat out, or have a treat doesnt really effect my overall journey, and I can still look at myself and think damn gal youre doing ok without feeling guilty about it :)
  • QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    How could you unknowingly eat 7 bananas?
  • GemmaRowlands
    GemmaRowlands Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    That sounds about right, but forget it. It's one day out of 365 in a year. It won't make much difference in the long term. Onwards and upwards.. (or downwards if you're looking at the scales).
  • kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I eat 1-2 bananas per day and would rather have those than cookies. Natural sugar always better than man-made sugar even the fake kind. It's not the banana that's the problem. It's the lack of balance in a person's diet that usually causes the cravings. Maybe next time eat the banana with 6 walnuts or a teaspoon of peanut butter or with cottage cheese or some other protein/fat source. Restriction is pointless. Finding a balance of nutrients that trigger fat metabolism in your body is really the key to calories control craving control and weight management.

Or a light drizzle of melted chocolate - you can get both fixes at once. You can also cocoa dust the banana and get a chocolate fix.

Or make chocolate dipped frozen banana bites - on toothpicks - think mini frozen bananas - yum.
  • AlexisJ330
    AlexisJ330 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Freud might have something to say about banana cravings.
  • scookiemonster
    scookiemonster Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Freud might have something to say about banana cravings.

Ha, indeed.

Bananas give me major stomach pain... just the idea of eating 7 of them is making my stomach twitchy. I think my intestines might explode if I ate that many bananas...

Anyway, it happens to the best of us. There are worse things. Next time, if you're eating bananas because you're craving chocolate, just eat some good chocolate and then you won't have to worry about eating too many bananas.