96 calories in a banana?!

Options

Replies

• itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I calculate 90 calories in a small banana. Love bananas, eat 2 a day usually.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    Options
    Relax.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    well, 7 of any fruit other than grapes and such is a bad idea. bananas are calorie dense. if you like watermelon it is fairly low call abou 50 for a cup
  • salsera_barbie
    salsera_barbie Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    How could you unknowingly eat 7 bananas?

Hahaah yeah this,
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    i always weigh my bananas. The average is around 95-110 cals, then 110-125, the smallest ones are below 90 cals.
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I'm with the other posters. Chalk it up to living and learning because it IS just one day. Literally. Out of 365, you got out of hand on one item on one day so now you need to make the next days better. Weight loss is a journey. I've learned that after losing 50lbs. that it isn't the short term that we learn from, it's the long term. And you can learn just as much if not more from the mistakes. But you can't let it drag you down. You gotta keep trucking and make better decisions. But now... now I want a banana with a tbsp. of pb and dusted with cocoa. LOL
  • JeffGDDG
    JeffGDDG Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I think we learn here that moderation and choices are the key. You ate bananas instead of chocolate so that is a plus. And now you know you need to go a bit more moderate on bananas. As long as you learn you are going in the right direction..
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I feel so bad right now, UNKNOWINGLY ate about 7 bananas as I've been soo hungry all day craving chocolate like crazy. I just looked up how many calories in 1 banana and its 96?! :noway: I feel so sad and angry with myself for eating so many bananas and going way ABOVE my calories per day. :grumble: feel like I've just screwed up my diet routine.. its not my fault bananas taste so good! I'm not to keen on other fruits and before you ask, NO I didn't want veggies lol. Now I'm going for a 2 hour cycle :sad:
    The point of this post was to find out how the hell that works lol!! I could of had 2 biscuits for that many calories.. but I WILL resist!! no more bananas !! :laugh:
    " Now you Know& thats Half the battle" You have not screwed anything up. Just hop back to it starting now. I like bananas occasionally. What I do is buy one or two wait til they are ripe ( can't stand them if they aren't) I will eat 1/2 of one one day and the other 1/2 the next. I take the other one & cut them in bite size chunks and freeze them. They may turn a little brown in freezer. But that way I can have a piece or two when I have a craving for one. :noway: Works for me. :flowerforyou:
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I put bananas in my oatmeal or cereal. I love them.

However, if you crave chocolate, have a piece of chocolate. Then have a piece for me. Chocolate is a no go for me due to a medical condition. Except white chocolate which isn't really chocolate but at least it is SOMETHING!
  • rachael1805
    rachael1805 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I think bananas, and all fruit for that matter, are great, but maybe 7 in a day is a bit much :wink:

Great source of potassium and energy; yes, quite alot of sugar which is why I don't eat them every day, but don't worry too much; there's always tomorrow :smile:
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    7 banana's,.. Just hope you don't have any 'reaction' :laugh:
    This was my gut reaction response, too.
  • helengetshealthy
    helengetshealthy Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Dude it's fruit, relax
  • jetamber
    jetamber Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    yes its shocking is'nt it ...banana calories booo!
  • Shateyn
    Options
    This is the "Phantom effect". If you deny yourself what you are craving, you might end up way over eating other foods trying to scratch that itch but they just don't work. Instead it makes a lot more sense to get used to enjoying what you crave in moderation. Perhaps easier said than done but I'm sure a little bit of chocolate would've been much more satisfying and a lot less damaging to your diet than 7 bananas in one sitting. Just a thought ;)
  • suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Careful that many bananas might stop you up. I have yo monitor my daughter's banana intake because she loves them so much but she already has constipation problems :/
    Make sure they are ripe!

They should look something like this for ideal digestion:

ripe-bananas.jpg
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    It is not the worst thing to binge on and much better than cake and/or candy. When I have ripe bananas I can eat 2 or 3 small ones in a day. I buy the small and extra small ones because of the calories in medium and large ones.
  • cruzcrzyMarie
    cruzcrzyMarie Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    The calories I can handle, the sugar, I can not. I love bananas, but, rarely have them.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Dude it's fruit, relax

REPORTED! :angry:

the low carb police are not amused.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Lesson learned right? Next time look at the nutritional information before shoving something down your pie hole.

Also how do you unknowingly eat 7 bananas?