How accurate is the Endomondo calories counter?

Options
Hi,

So I use the app endomondo to count how many calories I burned during cardio. I recently put in my stats (height, weight etc) and feel like I get a tad bit higher numbers from before putting in my stats.

Aynbody with any experience on its accuracy?

thanks

Replies

• KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    It typically gives me a burn about 10% higher than my heart rate monitor. Not as bad as MFP, but not perfect either.
  • andreamck
    andreamck Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I agree....I think the calories burned is too high. Today I ran (and walked some) 4 miles in 43 minutes and it gave me 725 cal.
  • myfitnesspaller
    myfitnesspaller Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    more experiences?
  • sumeetg37
    sumeetg37 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    It also seems to be about 10% higher than MFP's guesstimate for me. I always use whichever is lower between MFP or endomondo/cardio machine(if I'm using one instead of going outside). I figure that way I will always err on the side of caution. I mostly use endomondo to figure out the speed and the total time. Once it reports to MFP I usually subtract one minute from the time, which usually causes MFP to insert it's own estimate.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Get the Bluetooth HRM (I use the Zephyr model) and you will get more accurate burns.
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Get the Bluetooth HRM (I use the Zephyr model) and you will get more accurate burns.

I use the Zephyr as well with Endomondo and Runtastic. One thing you must take into account with Endomondo it uses Gross calories vs Net calories burned for your workouts.
  • gebhart4
    gebhart4 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I find it is far more accurate than MFP's calculations. And generally, it is what I use.
  • TheOneandOnlyPanda
    Options
    It really depends on the activity. I find that running seems to be pretty accurate but cycling is way off. I usually get x2 the burn on Endo than I do on my Garmin.
  • ames105
    ames105 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I love it for time and distance tracking. However, the calories burned is usually about double what MFP would tell me for the same exercise. For example, my last bike ride...Endomondo told me 732 calories, but MFP told me 419 calories. That's a huge difference! I'd be very cautious about the calories counter on Endomondo.
  • myfitnesspaller
    myfitnesspaller Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    how about for just walking?