What are friends for?

Options
vlland
vlland Posts: 55 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I started MFP a few weeks ago and I have 0 friends - on MPF that is. I wonder if having online friends will help me be more successful. I could post a message "I need friends" as I have seen this many times or respond to those looking for friends but Im not sure what that entails exactly. Do u judge each others progress and comment accordingly? I understand the idea of support and see many positive messages on the boards. As far as dieting advice- I don't really need it - I have been dieting all my life. It would be great to have someone else to be accountable to as I am lacking in self discipline and maybe the shame of my failures would help keep me on track. I would love weight lifting advice but I'm so inexperienced in that I would need someone patient enough to present a "weight lifting for dummies" intro . Do friends on MFP email each other daily? I'm a single parent- teacher (aka busy) but I do log on daily and read through message board posts when I have time. I am a nice/fun/sarcastic type girl. If u think I could be a good friend for u please let me know. I also prefer friends that are non-judgemental as I do enjoy rum and diet coke often :)

Replies

• Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    They are nice to have, fun to talk to and great to get advice from. Some people feel like they need other people to hold them accountable and keep them on track. I like having them cuz they are totally awesome and we have fun.
  • onefrndlyghst
    onefrndlyghst Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What I am looking for is...friends to keep me accountable, support & encouragement when I find myself struggling with this journey I have started on and patience!
  • vlland
    Options
    Bellalron - u r funny - I like ur profile :) and ur photos show awesome success!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Bellalron - u r funny - I like ur profile :) and ur photos show awesome success!

• vlland
    Options
    onefrndlyghst - is ur name casper -just guessing:) Feel free to add me as a friend but as I stated previously - not sure what that entails. Its nice to know others face the same struggles
  • la8ydi
    la8ydi Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I like to have people to encourage and to encourage me. I don't have my meals/exercise available for everyone to see because I'm not the best eater and I tend to eat a lot of crap...but stay under my calorie goals...but I don't like people to judge what I eat. You will find a lot of people who are very judgmental and very "you need to do exactly what I do or you totally suck" on here...but you will also find a lot of helpful, well meaning people. :-) Feel free to add me if you'd like a little sarcasm back at ya!
This discussion has been closed.