Bloating

Options
If you suffer from constant bloating then I know you feel my pain. I weighed 122 yesterday, now my stomach is ballooning out and I'm at 126 today. In more ways than one bloating becomes discouraging, as it makes me feel my efforts are in vain. I know deep down I am losing still. And I am feeling so much better mentally and physically than I have in a long time. But not being able to wear my skinny jeans and putting on a baggy top was exactly what I wanted to stop doing! Help!

Replies

• VCStarr
    VCStarr Posts: 155
    Options
    eat a little more fiber and drink more water and hopefully that will flush out the bloating. If not try something like Gas X or Beano
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I have been having a similar problem but with BM's ... I have had 2 very small BM's (finally) and am drinking about 1 gallon of water a day and eating prunes (as of yesterday). I am also doing benefiber. I hope it regulates soon :(

It sucks when you bloat but I think it's our bodies getting used to our new eating regime.
  • eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately with bloating you usually need to drink lots of water and wait it out. Sucks I know. It's most likely caused by diet. I read in another post that you're following a vegan diet...if this is new to you (or possibly even if it's not) it could be the amount of high fiber foods you're consuming, as well as the food combination choices you're making. Your body will adjust to the higher fiber content but some of your food combinations may cause more bloating/gas than others... it will probably be a trial and error process to figure out the complete meals you can digest most easily without creating too much bloating.
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I can't possibly drink MORE water ... and fiber is good too. I am now doing Magnesium to see if THAT helps. I am going about 1 or 2 times a week if that.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately with bloating you usually need to drink lots of water and wait it out. Sucks I know. It's most likely caused by diet. I read in another post that you're following a vegan diet...if this is new to you (or possibly even if it's not) it could be the amount of high fiber foods you're consuming, as well as the food combination choices you're making. Your body will adjust to the higher fiber content but some of your food combinations may cause more bloating/gas than others... it will probably be a trial and error process to figure out the complete meals you can digest most easily without creating too much bloating.

I would agree with the suggestion that some of your food combinations may cause more bloating and gas than others.... I'm new to experimenting with food combining (probably about 2 months in now) but it has really made a significant and noticeable difference. I have learned what combinations can lead to insta-bloat (for me anyway) and it's good to know so I can steer clear. PM me if you'd like more detailed info.... and best of luck to you on your quest to banish the bloat!
  • tater8589
    Options
    You could even try taking a midol for bloating.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    For long-term regulation of your digestive system, in addition to some of what's already been mentioned, I highly recommend taking a ProBiotic, which helps to maintain good levels of healthy bacteria in your digestive system to keep things well regulated. I wouldn't get too bloated, but I was irregular quite often, despite eating a healthy amount of fiber (25-35g/day) and plenty of water (12-16 cups/day). I've been taking a liquid ProBiotic for about 2 weeks, American Health Plain Acidophilus, and it has made a HUGE difference in how well my system works. I tried ProBiotic pills before, but those didn't work as well for me.

http://www.vitacost.com/American-Health-Original-Probiotic-Acidophilus
  • starstealing
    Options
    diurex + QUALITYH20 all the way for me, baby.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I just read something about this and there was a recommendation to drink Ito green tea, I think. Also, cut back sodium, drink water and fiber. Eating too fast might also lead to ingesting a lot of air, so eat slowly.