72 lbs in six months... yep it is possible

Options
September 02, 2013
Update: It has been a while since I have posted my progress. Summer has come and almost gone and has been very eventful. For the most part I have been able to maintain my weight between having lots of guests over, traveling, and going out to eat a lot. I spent a couple of months weight training and felt really good but didnt budge on the scale. Just recently I decided to get back to being strict and hitting my 80 lb loss mark, my ultimate goal. Well now I am 8 lbs away!!!! This is always going to be a life long battle for me but as long as I take it just one day at a time. By eating clean, staying away from processed foods and making the right choices. Everyone knows what the right choices are, you just have to decide if you are going to make them or not. I hope this inspires people that you can lose a large amount of weight without surgery and completely change your life. You just need to take that step!!!

May 12, 2013
Update: Well friends today marks day 90 of this amazing life long journey. It has not been easy in fact, it has been an emotional roller coaster. All I can say is I do not even feel like me, I am a new me and I feel more amazing than i have in my whole life. I have worked my *kitten* off exercising and watched every single thing i have put in my mouth for the past three months. I have also been smoke free as well as alcohol free for 90 days. I dont know how the heck I did it honestly all at the same time but I guess failing just was not an option anymore. I have gone from only being able to jog for 45 seconds max before my asthma would kick in to running five miles non-stop. I used to be the person that would spend hours looking at inspirational videos or pictures of people to try and get inspired and now, it is my turn to inspire. Please feel free to add me, I will help in whatever way I can to motivate you to have this wonderful amazing feeling. You deserve it, you ARE good enough :D Thanks for looking!

April 03, 2013 10:21

Update: I posted my one month progress and I was going to wait until I reached 2 months to post again but after my weekly weigh in and pics I was too excited to wait! I even just got back from vacation for a week and still managed to have success :) Thanks for looking!

Posted March 11:
Ok so recently I hit my breaking poing with how I was feeling about myself and my eating habits were out of control. I knew that eating helathy and exercising alone was not going to help me because I felt like I have been trying my whole life. Knowing that my overeating was linked to my emotions I decided I was going to get all the help I could get and that once I was open and accepted that I had a problem it would be easier to deal with things.
So started going to overeaters anonymous, seeing a therapist, a nutrionist, counting every single thing I ate, planned every meal and snack the night before and started working out three times a week. In the last couple weeks I have increased my workouts and I do not eat all of my exercise cals back but most of them.
I have cut out refined sugar by about 95%, stopped drinking, eat whole grains proteins and try to only eat healthy carbs. All I can say is why didn't I try this sooner.
Some people (including me) fail and try and fail and try and for me I knew I needed more and I needed professional help.
It is kind of rediculous but in one month I have dropped 28 lbs. I feel incredible! I know I will start to plateau at any day but I am not worried about it I just have to take it one day at a time.
I think the most shocking part for me was realizing how much I was actually eating before to keep me at this weight and continue to gain.
I feel like I dont have to hide anymore and everyday I wake up with a smile on my face, I don't cry all the time feeling sorry for myself and I am actually happy. This is only the beginning of an amazing journey and I can only say it is so worth it but the it is your decision you have to want it.
Thanks for listening :)

be4b3d9d-2e47-4af0-81f4-bc4ef7ddc73d.jpg
90707c2e-2664-4a37-a570-97a523bff0c9.jpg

Replies

• stomsick
    stomsick Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! You look absolutely beautiful!! What exactly are you doing to lose this amount of weight in such a short time?? Amazing!!! Would love motivation from you! Friend request sent! Would love to know more about how you did this!! Amazing! You look fantastic!!! :)
  • Angie2822
    Angie2822 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Wow what an amazing transition...you look wonderful. Good for you.
  • SisJohnson
    SisJohnson Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Now that's dedication!!! you look awesome!
  • Guurl
    Guurl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Inspiration !
    Good for you - you look amazing -
    Great work
  • Kxgz
    Kxgz Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress! Keep at it beautiful : )
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Spectacular! This is so inspiring, because I would like to lose 55 lbs in around that time! WTG! :flowerforyou:
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    yay!!!!!! amazing!!!! thank you for sharing!!! u look awesome!!
  • salsera_barbie
    salsera_barbie Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Crazy amazing results.
  • lose4good1
    lose4good1 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Absolutely awesome
  • bceltic
    bceltic Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! Congrats to you!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you dear!! And congrats to you also on getting additional help too! Keep up the good work! You look marvelous!
  • You look awesome!!!
  • purebliss24
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing and thank you for sharing your story! I've been considering OA, too....is it helpful? I will friend request you...would love to keep hearing your success! congrats
  • Ladina1990
    Ladina1990 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration, I am also an emotional eater, and im working really hard not to, i hit a plateau after only losing 14 pounds and now i finally am starting to lose weight again, you have motivated me so much just now, my question is how did you lose all that weight in such a short time? I am very proud of you :)
  • wenron
    wenron Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful. I am so proud of you. I have been eating healthy for 13 years and have never looked back. Keep up the good work...it's paying off!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the amazing inspiration. wonderful work. you look awesome.
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    thank you for the inspiration. you look great.
  • chantwizzle83
    chantwizzle83 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    tattoos still look great too lol
  • misti777
    misti777 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is amazing. I need to lose about 80-100 pounds so this is really inspiring. I really feel like I can do it and it won't take a million years(obviously, an exaggeration but that's how a year looks from now). Really amazing work. I used to be a pot smoker actually. I am about 9 months sober, but I still drink. Very rarely, but I do. Ever since I quit smoking I have struggled with overeating as a new way to cope since I could no longer smoke. I gained 80 pounds. I was so close to getting to the perfect place because I hardly ever ate when I was on marijuana. It was very depressing, because I feel like now I have to work a million times harder. When I was smoking it was pretty much effortlessly. And I had gotten down to 147 just before thanksgiving and christmas of 2012. After the holidays I was 165-170. I felt awful and ever since then I was struggling with consistent exercise and eating right. I would just eat and eat and eat. For almost 6 months now I have been going to Celebrate Recovery at my church and I am getting better with my eating. I am practicing control and ever since I have stopped binging(although I do overeat here and there), I have lost a few inches on my belly. I never measured but I see a small difference in a couple of pics I have taken.

Amazing work and amazing amount of time it took. So happy for you!
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    Girl you look AMAZING!!! WTG!!! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!