67 pounds lost age 26 Male 5'10 168 current weight

Options
So I have been obese since I was in grade 8 and messed up my self esteem throughout high school so being overweight has definitely impacted my life. I think we all know the drill.

Finding my rock bottom is what did it for me, my lowest feeling was when my girlfriend bought me a set of shirts that looked huge, when I tried it on it was way too tight, I asked her if she could exchange if for a larger size and she replied they didn't have any bigger. That Embarrassment is what triggered it for me after 15 years of being Obese

So It took about a year and a half of logging. Hanging around 1600-1700 calories per day. I had gotten into c25k and finished it but I can no longer run due to my worsening crohn's disease, but I may be able to after my surgery which means in the new year. I would love to get back in the gym but one step at a time.

I cannot remember being that big. It seems like a bad dream, I do have the stretch marks and loose skin so remind me but I welcome it and my true new found confidence. I rather take the loose skin than the frustration of not being able to fit certain clothes any day of the week.

Before
1236014_10151682345338250_1767955499_n_zpsc7fe23e7.jpg

After
1174732_10151682345253250_628230422_n_zps458dedcb.jpg

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation! Good on you.
  • swinler
    Options
    Good job!
  • Elvira2014
    Elvira2014 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Awesome job !
  • Donald_Dozier_50
    Donald_Dozier_50 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job. I have lost the same (70 lbs.) but still have a ways to go (34 lbs).
  • ColeAXE
    ColeAXE Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Good luck & keep up the good work ;)
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Awesome & Fantastic!
  • Imcharmed
    Imcharmed Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Good job, well done you. You must be well chuffed.
  • Eldee36
    Eldee36 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! You look great. :)
  • rukcus
    Options
    Thank you guys. When I get back into the gym I can help deal with the loose skin but For those who need the motivation there is nothing better than being proud of yourself.
  • jilliangetsit
    jilliangetsit Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation! Good on you.

^^^ This is truly incredible! Congrats to you my friend. I hear you about the new found confidence and no longer being embarrassed about clothes - but especially celebrate what you've done for your current and future health and your heart! Your body is without a lot of the stress it had before, carrying that weight and you deserve to feel amazing and proud for all of your hard work. Cheers! :D
  • pdacaret
    pdacaret Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Inspirational, good job
  • Jlennhikes
    Jlennhikes Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Good work! You look great!
  • NicoleSchimmel
    NicoleSchimmel Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look great!
  • pdacaret
    pdacaret Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Was it just eating healthy?
  • deeboy25
    Options
    OMG i look like your before picture and hope I too can end up looking like your after picture. Damn what a huge inspiration and great job done man. Definitely going to bookmark this as a reminder!! Add me as a friend plzz
  • salsera_barbie
    salsera_barbie Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation!

One question how does running aggregated the Chron's disease? Just curious.
  • brook97378
    brook97378 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • sarahsunshine1217
    Options
    You are so AWESOME! Your story is similar to mine. Thank you so much for sharing :)
  • rukcus
    Options
    Thanks guys, I had known I had crohns 2 years ago but 3 months ago it got very serious and quickly. Crohns is an Irritable bowel disease/autoimmune disease. It causes me severe abdominal pain, lack of appetite, low blood, constant diarrhea, bathroom urgency. Lately it has caused my small bowel to perforate due to constant inflammation so now I wear a drain that hangs out of my abdomen and I have a narrowing in another part of my small bowel so the area is always sore so I will be up for a small bowel resection late Oct.
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    wow!! good for you! amazing!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!