Boost your metabolism. Dr. OZ

Options
Did anyone watch yesterday? I knew that drink really cold water was the best way to drink it since your body has to *work* to bring it to a normal temperature..but I did not know that drinking 8 oz of ice water burns 70 calories :smile: He also mentions oolong tea, anybody ever drink this? A little off topic, but he also talked about the Perfect Portions kitchen scale...it looked really cool...anyone have it?

Here is a link:

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/boost-your-metabolism-after-40

Replies

• annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    i love him but i never have time during the day anymore. thanks for sharing i will ck it out. and will be drinking lots of ice water!
  • kk_stephens
    kk_stephens Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    WOW I didnt know that drinking ice water burns 70 calories......dont know if I necessarily believe it or not.....if I did I would burn 560-700 calories a day by drinking water alone. Doenst make sense to me.

I have use oolong tea -- but like most other diet phads it is not a miracle tea. I drink it for pleasure -- but not for weight loss. I usually mix it with a Celestial Seasonings tea bag and some stevia or honey.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    actually the article says if you drink 8 glasses in a day you will burn 70 calories. but for those of us over 40, that will help burn that extra 100 that we need to. what an eye opening article. no wonder i am having a hell of a time losing it!
  • Kresent
    Kresent Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    WOW I didnt know that drinking ice water burns 70 calories......dont know if I necessarily believe it or not.....if I did I would burn 560-700 calories a day by drinking water alone. Doenst make sense to me.

That's because it's for the entire 8 glasses of Ice water so less than ten calories per glass.
  • arbellas
    arbellas Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!! I think he meant 8 glasses...not an 8oz glass. Darn! (I wish it was per each glass!!)
  • MaureenH39
    MaureenH39 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    My mistake, sorry! Yes, it is supposed to be 8 glasses...I think I had 8, 8oz glasses on the brain :laugh: