Well, Here we go!

Options
Hey folks! My name is Stephen and I am from the Dallas area. I was surprised yesterday by my wonderful wife because she brought home my first road bike. My doctor has recommended that I lose 150 pounds. As of this morning I am 305lbs, coming down from 325 and 338 at my biggest. Unfortunately, this is not my first time losing weight but I am praying this will be the last. I am changing habits instead of taking pills. I started looking into cycling about 2 months ago because running and walking are killing my back and knees. I went on my first ride Saturday and thoroughly enjoyed it. I only completed about 3 miles, but I am ready for the journey...as soon as my back side feels better!

That's my life story. I am hoping to not only reach my goals, but to speak with many of you and celebrate as we enter into a new life style together.

Please, please - Add me, message me, pray for me...We are all moving toward the same goal and that is a lifestyle defined by healthy choices.

Replies

• Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I just want to say congratulations on making the choice to live a healthy life. I wish you the best!
  • StephenKTHill
    Options
    Thank you so much. Honestly, I am terrified to fail. But I want kids one day and I want to see grand children one day. I am only 24 and have a long way to go, but it can and will be done!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Way to go Stephen!!! WE are here for you!!!!!
    Biking sounds great for you right now. Glad you found something you can enjoy
  • running_tall
    running_tall Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm already inspired by your story! I love your positive outlook! Good luck to you...I'm very confident you will have a successful journey! :)
  • aszwarc
    aszwarc Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Oh, I hear ya on the backside thing! Get a padded seat cover. They carry them at WalMart and Target, or at bike shops. Best thing you can do for your hiney.

Welcome!
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Biking is one of my favorite favorite things to do, ever!! I noticed more changes in my body when I started biking to the gym (as opposed to driving to it to stationary bike).

Good luck to you! Once you get past "biker butt" you'll want to just keep going!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    you can do this stephen! just watch those calories bro. biking can only do so much. i have a f'd up ankle and think biking would be great for me too. I just may look into it. best of luck.
  • x0_deano_0x
    Options
    heyyyyyyyyyyyy

goodluck with everything bro :D

i'm starting fresh myself today . slacked off after moving house . but have settled in and now have a new
    bike to go for rides around the estate. :)

Deano
  • StephenKTHill
    Options
    Wow! i am overwhelmed and over joyed by the immense amount of support and encouragement. Thank you so much. Lets do this!
  • StephenKTHill
    Options
    you can do this stephen! just watch those calories bro. biking can only do so much. i have a f'd up ankle and think biking would be great for me too. I just may look into it. best of luck.

Do you not think cycling will be able to a good source of calorie burning? I have heard 2 extremes on this.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Cycling burns lots of calories.
  • spammarino
    spammarino Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congrats and best of luck to you. Keep us posed on your progress!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    no, biking is awesome. but you can't out exercise a bad diet. so you gotta get that right and tight as well.
  • arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on a great start! Feel free to add me. I'm good for the occasional laugh.