Looking for new friends, support & encouragement!

Options
Hi!

I am a 34 year old mom of 2 living in Florida. I am looking for some new friends for support, encouragement and accountability.
I am having a hard time reaching my goal...even in little steps and with holding myself accountable.
I was going to an Insanity class until I hurt myself recently.

Replies

• cinrueshershae
    Options
    onefrndlyghst,
    Don't push yourself too hard at first, slow and easy will do it! I stood in once in the insanity class here, but could do only some of it...I have not been back since to that class, just not for me.
    I can only do 30 min at most of the spin class here as well, so I just skip that. I started by just walking...then bike...then the 9 AM classes listed below...I worked my way up to where I am now. I am not bragging, but for a 70 yr old, I think I have come a long way and probably as far as I can with the workouts, but that is ok, if I reach my goal, and change my eating habits a bit more, perhaps I can stay healthy for a while longer.
    I do a boot camp similar to the insanity, on Tuesdays. It whips my butt!
    My gym schedule looks like this: (I list the 3 classes that I love, but sometimes only get two of them in per day)

Mon 9-10 AM Turbo Kick/Sculpting 60 min
    12 Noon Hard Rock Abs 60 min (Never miss this one)
    6:30-7:30 PM Pilate/Yoga 60 min

Tues 9-10 AM Pilates/Stretch 60 min
    4:30-5:30 Rip Reps Sculpting 60 min
    6:30-7:30 Boot Camp 60 min (Never miss this one)

Wed 9-10 AM 20/20/20 Mix 60 min
    12 Noon Body Chisel (Never miss this one)
    4-5 PM Weight/Resistance workout (personal trainer advised)

Thurs 9-10 Tai Chi 60 min (at local senior center)
    12 Noon Bike 60 min (14 miles)

Fri 9-10 Elliptical, Weight/Resistance workout
    4-5 Walk 5 miles (Rail Trail or other local walking trail) with friends

Saturdays: Since I have out of town meetings the first and third Sats of every month, I do not get to do anything those days. BUT,
    The second Sat of the month is an hour of boot camp, and the fourth Sat of the month is a 20/20/20 mix. I do get to do those.
    Sundays are rest, or walking the rail trail in afternoon. I like doing water aerobics in my daughters pool but it is hard for me to get there between the garden, the gym and the weather...so that is why I sometimes miss a gym class for the pool or whatever.

The world would be perfect if I could do this year round but I do go back to school from January to June, so only get the afternoon and evening classes in then. I have Sept, Oct, Nov, and Dec to get in as much as I can and I hope to meet my goal by then, and be on a maintenance program...we will see.
    Take it one step at a time and we can do this! Yes, we can!
    Cinrueshershae, NC
    (my handle here is the combination of the beginning letters in my four children's names; Cindy, Ruth, Sherrie, Shane)
  • jhwellness
    jhwellness Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I log on daily and the support on this message board from other has been so helpful. Feel free to add me as a supportive friend as you travel down the rode of improved health and fitness.
  • debbiewillersveik
    debbiewillersveik Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me... The more the merrier :) Glad you are here :)
  • vmlabute
    vmlabute Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    You can add me!! I need some friends on here and encouragement too!! Also a very good listener when you're feeling frustrated

Vera
  • AnotherOrangeCat
    Options
    Hello! Feel free to add me. I'm new here, but not new to the subject, alas. Accountability and encouragement are very important - having the charts and diaries is helpful, but there's nothing like someone to talk to!