how many calories i might be burning on elliptical trainer?

Options
2»

Replies

• XTSH
    XTSH Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Might find this useful.

Has a lot of other activities too as a rough guide.

http://www.fitnessforweightloss.com/how-many-calories-do-i-burn-on-the-elliptical-machine/

Ohhhh!! Thanks for sharing this info! :flowerforyou:
  • Jennvandemark
    Jennvandemark Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I use a HRM while on the elliptical and in 35 mins of really pushing myself I can burn on average 350 calories. MFP calculates 600 something burn.

My resistance is set normally between 9-11. I normally like to try and get a 5k in 30 mins with a 5min cool down.
  • MeGaga
    MeGaga Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    thank u all for the info, i guess both r really not accurate, and i'll consider buying HRM
  • jcs0530
    jcs0530 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I would say MFP. I ride an ellipticle bike (StreetStrider), at 12 miles an hour, I burn about 14 calories a minute. Thats 840 an hour.
  • Dankees
    Dankees Posts: 3
    Options
    My Sole elliptical trainer says that I burn only 100 calories in 30 minutes of use, going between 10 MPH and 12 MPH, and going more than 5 miles in that time.

How could it only read out 100 calories burned? Seriously? What is it, really?
  • chele1028
    chele1028 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    When I was in that weight range, my average burn was 100 calories in 10 minutes on the elliptical per my hrm.
  • bhdon
    bhdon Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I weigh 234 . For cardio I use the stationary bike, treadmill, elliptical and I swim. Swimming is harder to gauge - but on the equipment - if I'm really working hard - meaning I have a nice steady sweat running down my forehead, chest and back, and my heart rate is in the mid to upper range of my target zone - I figure I'm burning around 8 to 10 calories a minute. I could be wrong - but the numbers seem to add up fairly accurately when I factor in caloric intake and monitor my weight loss.
  • BamFit14
    BamFit14 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Definitely be closer to the one that read around 400, I burn on average 12 calories per minute on the elliptical trainer.
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    My Sole elliptical trainer says that I burn only 100 calories in 30 minutes of use, going between 10 MPH and 12 MPH, and going more than 5 miles in that time.

How could it only read out 100 calories burned? Seriously? What is it, really?

I have a Sole elliptical and if I do an hour it tells me I burn 525. Thats at a steady pace full incline and I cant remember the resistance. I input my stats before I start one of the programs.