Couch to 5K - Week 1

Options
Anyone doing Couch to 5k training? I just started on Sunday and man does it point out how terrible my endurance is! I've been working out before starting but obviously running is a whole other story.

If you are preparing for a 5k in the future... join me! I really need some friends to also help me stay accountable although I'm pretty stubborn and will push past a lot.. still, I ran into a low day yesterday.. cheated.

I have a form of arthritis (Ankylosing Spondylitis) and my dr. would not think this is a good idea but I'm tired of being fat.. it's worse on joints than running and the last time I ran I was in the best shape of my life... going to get back to that.. no pain no gain!

Replies

• debwilson
    debwilson Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Good Luck with this. When is your 5K? I was on week 7 day 1 and got very ill with asthmatic bronchitis. It has really set me back in my training. I am going back to Week 6 and start on day 1 and try to regain my strength. Couch25K is the greatest. I am a middle aged really overweight woman and never thought I would be running and loving it!! My first 5K will be November 6 in Chicago. I to am shooting for a 45 minute run.

Keep up the good work!!! Don't let it overwhelm you. I know when I would look ahead and see that it would expect me to run 5 minutes then 10 minutes, I thought no way, but oh yes I could do it and so can you!!!
  • gabbagail
    gabbagail Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I want to start jogging too and a friend of mine swears by that program! Maybe I will try to do it too! Good luck!
  • ladymac67
    ladymac67 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of this program... would someone kindly explain it please?

:flowerforyou:
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    i'm on week 1 day 2 , although i did previously make it to th end of week 8, good luck C25K is awesome, you make real progress fast
  • springgrl
    springgrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of this program... would someone kindly explain it please?

:flowerforyou:

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

I did Week 5 Day 1 today. I think my old dog is getting in better shape than me. During the first week she was dragging along behind me and I thought I would have to stop taking her. Now she is still wanting to pull forward at the end.
  • futurerunner
    futurerunner Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I did week 1 day 1 on Friday. But I'm sick now so I don't know when i'll be able to go to day 2. My 5k is november 16th. I'll do the c25k program with you.

But I'm nor sure when I'll be able to move on. I'm actually sitting in the doctor's office now.:ohwell:
  • LoganScottsMom
    LoganScottsMom Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I’m doing c25k. I'm on week 2 / day 3. I've got several 5k's I want to participate in, but the “real” 5k will be April 2011 (work competition).