20-something 'big girl' with dreams larger than my butt.

Options
2»

Replies

• TLB86
    TLB86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hell Yeah!! BRAVO!! *round of applause*

The one I hated when young was 'it's puppy fat'.....YUCK!! Why refer to me as anything fat related? And can't people come up with something original other than just 'hey fatty'. If your so different then think of something different to say dude!

I totally agree with everything you've said. To me I am the funny one, the quirky one, the one who you'd love if you just got to know me. It's just a shame I've got to 27 and only just beginning to let myself shine!

Feel free to add I think your gutsey and great x
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with a BIG BUTT
  • EasilyLed
    Options
    Yep, I've had that too, not 'the girl with the green top' not 'the girl with the really long hair' not 'the girl without glasses' but the big girl.

I also work in a hospital, maybe people are more crass there!:laugh:
  • EasilyLed
    Options
    The way people have referred to you really strikes a chord with me- repressed childhood memories flooding back! You seem like you have a great attitude towards your goals! I'm hospital based too (med student!) and it does hurt when people judge your scrub size rather than skills. We are more than our weights :)

What's really mortifying in my hospital is they don't put XL scrubs in the ladies changing rooms... just assume all girls are petite. So you have to send someone into the mens for some! else put in a special order!
  • BlueAngelChar
    BlueAngelChar Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    how you doing! I was you not so long ago and to be defined by something as insignificant as weight is maddening and its the fuel to my fire that I use every day when I feel like I can't be arsed or want to eat that whole cheesecake!

fantastic intro and you are moving in the right direction by starting this journey so please feel free to add me as i'm an active friend and I understand because I was you not so long ago!

People will always have opinions unfortunately its what we do with them and how we respond to them that sets us apart. I for one say "kiss my *kitten*" to people who judge me!

welcome to mfp!
  • _Moose51_
    Options
    I am right there with you kid, only difference is now I am the Big guy with the bald head. :)
  • schmimblebob
    Options
    She's the big, chubby, large, full-figured, hefty one that slunks around the hospital with the fake grin...perpetually attempting to cloak her spare tire with her mens 3x lab jacket that's still just a teensy bit too snug.

Gawd I know how that feels. Not long before I started working where I am now, another large girl (larger than me) had started there too, prompting this comment from a colleague: "What, are we starting a roly poly club?". Fairly harmless, but teamed with one from another colleague ("She'll never lose weight"), another one who is coincidentally now my best friend (the first thing she said to me was "I'm fatist") and having to wear different scrubs (I got put into a different colour to all my colleagues - apparently not because of my size but because they were all going to switch to that colour - three years on and they never have) making me stick out like a sore thumb.
    I'm a fetish, a commodity, a last resort at closing time. That's how the universe views a woman with more padding than your average super model.

Put it in one! I hate it. Let's do it and prove there's more to us than just bigness!
  • Callie_Wallie_Woo
    Options
    Well said chick! :o)

Adding you!