72 lbs in six months... yep it is possible

Options

Replies

• babytwoblues
    Options
    That is incredible! You should be so proud of yourself!
  • kristirt
    kristirt Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the hard work, you look amazing!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Wow honey! Very inspiriing..Keep up the excellent work
  • sarahsunshine1217
    Options
    You are such an inspiration, I am also an emotional eater, and im working really hard not to, i hit a plateau after only losing 14 pounds and now i finally am starting to lose weight again, you have motivated me so much just now, my question is how did you lose all that weight in such a short time? I am very proud of you :)

Thanks so much. I do not really have a secret to losing the weight so fast. I just became really physically active and ate clean. I don't have cheat days. Once a wekk I may allow myself to eat whatever I want for a meal but I aim to only eat an actualy serving size. I am telling you it works. 14lbs is a ton of weight and you should be really proud of yourself. Keep going!
  • sarahsunshine1217
    Options
    Wow, this is amazing. I need to lose about 80-100 pounds so this is really inspiring. I really feel like I can do it and it won't take a million years(obviously, an exaggeration but that's how a year looks from now). Really amazing work. I used to be a pot smoker actually. I am about 9 months sober, but I still drink. Very rarely, but I do. Ever since I quit smoking I have struggled with overeating as a new way to cope since I could no longer smoke. I gained 80 pounds. I was so close to getting to the perfect place because I hardly ever ate when I was on marijuana. It was very depressing, because I feel like now I have to work a million times harder. When I was smoking it was pretty much effortlessly. And I had gotten down to 147 just before thanksgiving and christmas of 2012. After the holidays I was 165-170. I felt awful and ever since then I was struggling with consistent exercise and eating right. I would just eat and eat and eat. For almost 6 months now I have been going to Celebrate Recovery at my church and I am getting better with my eating. I am practicing control and ever since I have stopped binging(although I do overeat here and there), I have lost a few inches on my belly. I never measured but I see a small difference in a couple of pics I have taken.

Amazing work and amazing amount of time it took. So happy for you!
    [/quote
    Congrats on no smoking!!! That is wonderful. I just upped and quit cold turkey the same day I changed everything. I have no idea how the heck I did it, I guess I had more determination than I ever thought I could. I also chew A LOT of gum. I think gum is my new addiction lol, and working out :) You can do this, you are in control of your life :)
  • rencawdor24
    rencawdor24 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You must be so proud of yourself! That is a lot of weight to lose in a short time - a true inspiration!

I started losing weight in April and managed to lose about 1 stone. I have stopped since July due to Ramadan and haven't gone back to it! I need the motivation to start again...
  • TINAHUNTER1969
    TINAHUNTER1969 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Stunning - well done

:flowerforyou:
  • Poemetra
    Poemetra Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You really have inspired me! You look amazing!
  • jenniferg83
    jenniferg83 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    The result of going for what you want! You're looking fit!
  • HeartRN77
    HeartRN77 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Good for you, hard work and dedication has paid off for you, you look amazing!!!!! :flowerforyou: :wink:
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    You Look Awesome !!! That is terrific dedication :flowerforyou:
  • trix7
    Options
    WELL DONE!!!!!
  • melsy21
    melsy21 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! And SO gorgeous too! ????
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    The smile in your second pics says it all.

You are STUNNING as well as incredibly strong. Well done :-) xxx
  • dianesheart88
    dianesheart88 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look great! Thanks for sharing!
  • Ellischase
    Ellischase Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm impressed! what's funny is when I look at your before picture we could be twins :) Except that's what I look like now and you look crazy great!! I'd love to be friends, I could really use the motivation... I started about 3 weeks ago and lost 5 lbs and have been vigilant with calories and not going over 1200 but have gained 4 back (I think I'm not drinking nearly enough water).

Way to go - you're an inspiration!
  • sassy9111
    sassy9111 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, it is darn hard, but considering the alternative.
    I was considering the surgery, I am glad I didn't.
    Congratulations on some very hard work :)
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    What a great story!!! You have done an AWESOME job!!!
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Sarah!!
  • amwood89
    amwood89 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! A huge congratulations.. You have done amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!