I did it. Gave up the smokes

Options
After reading around on the forums I now know,
I can do this and loose weight :)
I was using every excuse in the book! I now know I don't have an excuse.
Guys, you have no idea how happy I am to have found this site, really!! The inspiration and the story's I read just keep me going and going. There is no stopping me :) I'm so happy!!!

Thank you for sharing all your stories :)

Replies

• ladylalaland
    ladylalaland Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Congrats - Thats a big step to take!

I'm quitting also. My quit date is set for next Tuesday, 10th September. Patches ordered and en route lol We can do this!

Laura
  • verasasha
    Options
    Congratulations! You can do it :) I haven't smoked in about a year, quit smoking about 1 month before i got pregnant, then obviously i couldn't smoke during pregnancy and now i'm just really really trying to not start smoking again! It's so hard, but i really don't want to throw all those months of not smoking away and start again! Just buy looots of gum so you can keep your mouth bussy!
  • Tabatha1967
    Tabatha1967 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great Job :happy:
  • chunkiedunker
    chunkiedunker Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    great job. It was the single best decision i have ever made. i managed to give up the smokes and lose weight at the same time. (unfortunately) i have put weight back on and am now working to take it back off. i would be lying if i said i didn't have urges, but they quickly go away. just put your mind into something else and they will be gone in just a couple mins.

congrats on the single best thing you can do for your health, right next to losing weight and getting in shape.
  • LanderRose81
    LanderRose81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is so fantastic. I just celebrated my third year smoke-free after smoking for 15 years. I even got my mom (a 40 year smoker) to quit. I know how hard it is. Just stick with it. Find new things to keep you busy. I always had little projects going so when I felt the urge I would just get to work on one of my projects.

Keep us posted on your progress!
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You can do it. My motto when I quit 16 years ago..."never quit quitting" Even if you slip up and have one, just quit again and again.
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    COngratulations on taking your life back! :flowerforyou: Best decision you could ever make, I know it was for me! :smile:
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I was a nicotine junkie too, gave up 5 years ago! you are free again! well done!
  • dawn_h_d
    dawn_h_d Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Woot woot! I am 17 months cigarette free!! It was not easy, but I had a lot of support!! You got this!!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Best of luck keeping it up.:flowerforyou: I stopped 8 years ago and still want them.
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Best of luck keeping it up.:flowerforyou: I stopped 8 years ago and still want them.

I don't think we'll ever stop wanting them. The desire just becomes less and less over time. I quit over 3 years ago and will never touch them again because now I have 2 beautiful children that don't deserve to be around a smoker or have a mother that smokes.
  • ButterflyDame
    ButterflyDame Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :):flowerforyou: :drinker: patch is on!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!