HELP

Options
My Dad made Ribs tonight for dinner in our smoker. First off I dont even like ribs(yuck) but does anyone know how many calories they have?

Replies

• amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    you would have to know if they are beef ribs, or pork ribs and then you can probably find them in the database. But without a scale it is hard to measure and I would say "one rib" might be a measure but probably not very accurate since it depends on how meaty/fatty they are. If you don't like them, eat something else-something easier to log:)
  • pizzy
    pizzy Posts: 47
    Options
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Ya no ribs for me.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    You probably shouldn't eat anything that you are stressed about beforehand because that stress level can cause you to eat more than you should. I've dealt with that before and it sucks!
  • If you don't even like ribs why would you consider eating them? Find someting for dinner that you actually enjoy and you won't want to snack later.
  • tater8589
    Options
    You could always take some yummy fish or a lean steak or chicken over and see if he'll cook it for ya? My husband has done tillapia on the grill for me and it was really good (wrap it in foil with a lil l/f butter and some seasoning)
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    My Dad made Ribs tonight for dinner in our smoker. First off I dont even like ribs(yuck) but does anyone know how many calories they have?

Yeah, I hate this. I don't like fish, but last night went over to a friend's, and that's what we had. I don't want to insult, but it sucks when you waste your calories on food you don't like. It also sucks when you have to eat something and you're watching your calorie intake. I hate announcing to the world that I can't have something, but people push food on you unless you give them a reason (and I'm full never works). Maybe just have one and a few more sides?

Try going to the food calculator - when I don't know what something is for sure (brand name, etc), I usually pick the "generic" one, and go from there. Don't forget to include the marinade.