Race photos then and now

Options
BerryH
BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
From today's blog:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/BerryH/view/race-photos-then-and-now-573234

Yesterday I overhauled my giant box file o'paperwork and stumbled upon the race photos from my one and only marathon, the 2010 London Marathon which I ran/walked/crawled almost exactly a year before I joined MFP.

Like many runners, I found weight just poured off me when I started, but as I became more experienced and efficient, I ate to hunger rather than need, not to mention those pub-based rewards after a four-hour training run in the snow! I also didn't do any cross-training as I was permanently knackered.

The result was I was pretty much my fattest when I ran the Marathon. No wonder I have lingering aches to this day from hauling my 14 stone bulk round those 26 miles. As you can see from the photos, I couldn't even muster up a jog as I passed the Houses of Parliament. Even the police officer looks disappointed in me.

Fast forward to July this year when I participated in the Olympic Anniversary Race in the Olympic park. At the time I was disappointed with the photos as my belly looked enormous, but you can see the difference in my face and bottom. And my smile! Still considerably overweight at 13 stone, but tracking food and activity with MFP has made the world of difference.

Just wait and see how big my smile is when I'm 12 stone!

Runningbeforeandafter_zps100107ae.jpg

Replies

• leadiax3
    leadiax3 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I can see the joy in ur face after the race. Beautiful lady.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Here I am on the finish line, which Mo Farah, Hannah Cockcroft, Richard Whitehead, Usain Bolt, Jess Ennis at al crossed the year before (and the week after at the Anniversary Games!). They were playing Chariots of Fire as we ran in!
    Finishlineresized_zps06206dfe.jpg
  • BendySpartan
    BendySpartan Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Aw wow well done you, you look like a different lady! And so happy! Keep it up xx
  • lisab1969
    lisab1969 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Fantastic. You have done so well. You should be proud of yourself.
  • junepinktigger
    junepinktigger Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    wow ... fantastic love your pictures xx you look over joyed
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Fantastic !!
  • sunnybear39
    sunnybear39 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job! Congrats to you on keeping running and working toward running lighter. I lost 6 pounds between my first triathlon and my second last weekend and it made a world of difference. Keep on smiling, you have a beautiful smile!
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Wonderful contrast, Berry, you held your head high crossing that line and deservedly so! x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!