Low calorie/fat/carb lunch options

Options
2»

Replies

• rachseby
    rachseby Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I rotate smoothies, turkey sandwiches, tuna sandwiches, and lentil soup...The soup especially really fills me up. I make a lot in the crock pot and it lasts a while. I make smoothies with fage 0% yogurt, almond/coconut milk, berries, and a banana.
  • itsscottwilder
    Options
    Eat salad anyway.

The benefits of eating your veggies have really been underestimated all our lives.

In the last five years, research has uncovered that veggies are key in keeping our digestive system healthy and running well.
  • littledante
    littledante Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites for breakfast is Instant oatmeal strawberries and cream. It is already sweet enough and only 130 cals per package. Not a lot to eat but has substance for breakfast.

As for lunch, I am all over the place on that. But one of my favorites for under 200 cals is a refried bean taco.
    1 flour tortilla 100 cals (or 2 corn tortillas- hard to heat at work)
    1/4 cup refried beans 45 cals
    lettuce and tomato plus add hot sauce to flavor. And if you don't add the sprinkle of cheese on top you will save more.

So the grand total (without cheese) is right around 150 cals. And oh so yummy. If you add a smidge of cheese you are around 180 and get everything you need..... protein, carb, veggies and diary.

Can't wait to see ideas from others as I am always looking for new ones. =)

Definately going to do this idea for dinner tonight!! Didn't realise it was so low cal
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Er... lean meat?

Any particular reason you need to eat low carb and low fat?
  • mpawlicki
    mpawlicki Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I try to eat 5+ times per day. I split my total caloric needs into 5+ even meals, and each one has about 40% carbs, 40% protein, and 20% fat. It takes a week or two of practice, but then it's easy.
    What I do is cook up some chicken, steak, and fish on the weekend, bake a potato and boil some rice. Then I make containers for work, each one is a meal. It will have about 50/50 meat and rice/potato, and a side salad. For breakfast I will do oatmeal with whey, or a burrito wrap with ham and eggs.
    I guess what I am saying is that my meals don't consist of just lettuce, I will have plenty of meat and starchy veggies, just in small portions every 2.5-3 hours. I don't think I'd make it far on lunches made of salads.
  • thequiltmama
    Options
    One of my favorites for breakfast is Instant oatmeal strawberries and cream. It is already sweet enough and only 130 cals per package. Not a lot to eat but has substance for breakfast.

As for lunch, I am all over the place on that. But one of my favorites for under 200 cals is a refried bean taco.
    1 flour tortilla 100 cals (or 2 corn tortillas- hard to heat at work)
    1/4 cup refried beans 45 cals
    lettuce and tomato plus add hot sauce to flavor. And if you don't add the sprinkle of cheese on top you will save more.

So the grand total (without cheese) is right around 150 cals. And oh so yummy. If you add a smidge of cheese you are around 180 and get everything you need..... protein, carb, veggies and diary.

Can't wait to see ideas from others as I am always looking for new ones. =)

Definately going to do this idea for dinner tonight!! Didn't realise it was so low cal

I know it is great. Just make sure you measure your stuff (refried beans). Oh and I buy the lower cal beans too. But the originals are only 20 more cals if that is what you have in the cupboard. =)