What are you drinking?

Options
Ok of course the best is water water and more water. In addition to 8 or 10 glasses a day I also have my glass of fruit juice or V8 or milk, nightly cup of green tea. But what about when you get the urge for something else? Ive weaned myself from diet Dr Peppers pretty successfully. But I have this over bearing urge about once a week for a blue Mt Dew Voltage (210 for the whole bottle...dont make me divide that into 2.5 servings :noway: WHAT can I do to satisfy that urge without giving in to the insanity? I looked at vitamin water, energy drinks, Gatorade etc in the store earlier but they all had sugar, high calories, or aspartame etc. Yeah I almost convinced myself to get a Fresca instead since that was the only thing that looked as good as the Voltage, but Fresca has aspartame. Soooo whats your HEALTHY drink of choice when you want something besides water?
I need a calorie free sugar free, aspartame free drink that tastes like Voltage! Thinking that probably doesnt exist! :sad:

Replies

• heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    My FREE Crystal light samples! At this very moment I'm drinking the dragon fruit mango white tea flavour and it is delicious!

http://www.mysavings.com/free-samples/Crystal-Light/17401/

EDIT: CL does however have aspartame.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Water! I'm on my 7th cup.
  • luckyinlife
    luckyinlife Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I love organic sweet leaf tea!!!!
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I drink diet green tea with citrus (Lipton) but only 1 a day. Other than that it's water and coffee.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I drink diet green tea with citrus (Lipton) but only 1 a day. Other than that it's water and coffee.

I LOVE that stuff!!! :love:
  • tater8589
    Options
    Lipton tea to go packs are cal free. the box for the energize one shows just riboflavin, niacin(b vit), b6, b12, pathothenic acid all at 10% daily value.

I like the others too just don't have them with me right now. Good luck
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    SoBe zero calorie water...fuji apple/pear is delicious. I also try to drink low-fat milk regularly.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I don't consider aspartame bad for me

http://uk.health.lifestyle.yahoo.net/Is-aspartame-safe.htm

So I have no problem drinking whatever has it :)
  • gambitsgurl
    Options

I LOVE that stuff!!! :love:

I would drink a 6 pack a day if I let myself :grumble:
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I also like to have Crystal Light. I know that there is aspartame in it, however, the amount is much lower than in diet sodas so having 1 glass of it a day shouldn't affect you too much unless you are allergic.

I also like to have chocolate Shakeology because it tastes like a chocolate milkshake, only it's a ton more nutritious and doesn't have a bunch of fat or sugar in it.

Once or twice week when I have a cheat meal, I just give in and have some Mello Yello. I think as long as you don't go overboard to the point where it comes back to a habit like it was before, it won't hurt me too bad. I also drink lots of water too, so that soda is only 1 glass out of the day that I am probably having about 10 glasses of water otherwise.
  • rosef17
    Options
    1 cup coffee a day, 1 Fuze a day and lots of water with fresh lemons
  • animatedbecca
    Options
    My FREE Crystal light samples! At this very moment I'm drinking the dragon fruit mango white tea flavour and it is delicious!

http://www.mysavings.com/free-samples/Crystal-Light/17401/

EDIT: CL does however have aspartame.

Yeah I dont do aspartame but THANKS for this link!
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    Propel! I love it. I like the grape, kiwi-strawberry & raspberry flavors. It's flavored water. It also comes as a powder packet that you pour into your water. Thats the kind I use. It does not have aspartame in it! And it has antioxidants! My fav drink. And you increase your water intake at the same time! :happy:
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    Water for me, but when I do have the urge for something (usually every few weeks or so), I just drink it. Usually it's not as good as the craving for it in my head is and I don't finish it anyways.

I've heard really good things about this book for new water flavors: http://www.amazon.com/Cool-Waters-Refreshing-Homemade-Thirst-Quenchers/dp/1558323848/ref=sr_1_1?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285702431&sr=8-1
  • animatedbecca
    Options
    Propel! I love it. I like the grape, kiwi-strawberry & raspberry flavors. It's flavored water. It also comes as a powder packet that you pour into your water. Thats the kind I use. It does not have aspartame in it! And it has antioxidants! My fav drink. And you increase your water intake at the same time! :happy:
    Sounds great!
  • NikkiWork
    NikkiWork Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I drink water, crystal light or Walmart brand, coffee in the morning & sugar free apple cider, and Diet Rite soda (once in a while) it's 0 everything even sodium I like the white grape and kiwi strawberry!
  • animatedbecca
    Options
    I drink water, crystal light or Walmart brand, coffee in the morning & sugar free apple cider, and Diet Rite soda (once in a while) it's 0 everything even sodium I like the white grape and kiwi strawberry!
    How is Diet Rite sweetened? And Im assuming it has to be bought at the grocer because I have never seen it at a convenience store???
  • gambitsgurl
    Options
    I'ma not gonna say who it was but I was looking through one of my friends here's diary Saturday evening and she had "6 glasses of rum" as a snack.

I about wee'ed my pants wanting to high five her.

:D
  • gambitsgurl
    Options
    How is Diet Rite sweetened? And Im assuming it has to be bought at the grocer because I have never seen it at a convenience store???

I believe that one is Splenda cause it's all my Mother in Law would drink.
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy Torani syrup (with sugar, not the artificially sweetened stuff) in soda water. I purchased a water carbonator and use about 1 tablesppon of syrup in a big glass with lots of fizzy water. It gives me the flavor I'm looking for, without a lot of calories (less than 50 for most flavors). I like the fruit flavors... mandarin orange, blackberry, cherry, etc. Oh, and I use this as a special treat, not an every day thing though I wouldn't have a problem using it every day if it was replacing something like Mountain Dew or "real" soda.