Does anyone watch Thintervention with Jackie Warner on Bravo

Options
Does anyone watch that show? My mom and I do and i was just wondering what your thoughts on the show were?

Replies

• iskatergirl
    iskatergirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I watched the 1st episode but the show feels like shes just trying to market herself, not really help these people lose weight. The whole part where she explains how to make the "Jackie shake" can you say product placement. I also dont like the fact that its all wealthy people on there. Im sorry If i had the money for a personal chef and trainer I wouldn't be fat. Having to balance life and fitness is tough, but for most of these women it seems like they have all day to sit around and request brownies from their chefs. Its hard to watch wealthy people "struggle" with weight issues when they have all the resources money can buy at their finger tips.
  • 22Gibson
    Options
    Love It!
  • Helinah26
    Options
    yeah very true. i wouldn't be fat either if that was the case. I'm really tried of the comedian chick always crying.its like seriously? your crying again? and they are cheating on there diets otherwise they would be losing more.
  • lee112780
    lee112780 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I like it, but I think it could be better. I used to love her show "Workout". It was great because it was different! This show reminds me of the biggest loser 100%, workout was much better.
  • Helinah26
    Options
    but other than that I love the show watch it every monday lol
  • Helinah26
    Options
    but other than that I love the show watch it every monday lol
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I like her ideas, but I quickly got tired of the whiny babies who didn't want to eat right/exercise when most of us (me!) would kill for an opportunity like that. I did get her book and it is very sensible---if you can eat clean---and really addresses a lot of areas, including why you might not be losing weight.
  • possummama
    possummama Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I watched it last night. I was so surprised at what a hard time she was giving them for "only losing 2 pounds". Since when is losing 2 pounds a week not reasonable? Seems to me 2 pounds a week is a good, safe weight loss.
  • skinney1357
    Options
    I watch it! I like the ideas that she has for workouts and sometimes she gives food advice or tips! I also like her workout dvds.
  • Helinah26
    Options
    ya. I just thought since shes working them so hard why aren't they losing a lil bit more
  • emiller10
    emiller10 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think that it is a good show but she is promoting unhealthy weight loss goals per weight. She excepts each participant to lose 4+ pounds per week, which isn't recommended and adds more pressure to someone that is struggling with the weight loss challenge anyway.
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Options
    I really liked "Work Out"--Jackie Warner's last show. Thintervention seems to be a weathy, lower budget, kind of Biggest Loser w/o the prize money or eliminations. (funny since her high priced Sky Sport and Spa in LA is or was owned by Jackie and Jillian Michaels and Bravo is an NBC company).
    I really like it ,but, I wish these shows would show more about nutrition and exercise, though.
  • SP0472
    SP0472 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Its hard to watch wealthy people "struggle" with weight issues when they have all the resources money can buy at their finger tips.

I haven't seen the show. I have seen her other show Workout several times but I have to respectfully disagree with the above statement. If it were true Oprah wouldn't have a weight problem. Money isn't the issue - it rarely is. I have enough money to buy healthy food, even have it delivered by a diet delivery company with private chefs, and I could afford a gym membership [I'm very fortunate, I know] but I'm still 338lbs.

Money doesn't buy motivation and it doesn't solve the problem of why people are overweight in the first place.
  • blumuse
    blumuse Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I really question her pushing them to lose more than 2 lbs per week too. Everything I read everywhere says 2 to 2.5 per week is safe, any more than that, it's not. Any loss at all should be commended and instead they're told they suck. Their whinning does get really annoying too.
  • boomsmom
    boomsmom Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I love it! Some of those workouts are crazy. I have been inspired a little though. It's given me an I can do it attitude. I know I too need to get up and moving. Most of us have reasons why we eat and are overweight that are deeper down than we realize. It's a wake up call sometimes. I think it's good that she is helping them on all levels. We all need to be able to look inside ourselves a little more. I'll keep watching!
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I watch it and I like it for the most part. I think JW had an "awakening" after watching her "diva" attitude on her other show -- but for professional reasons, personal reasons or both she has softend her image and I think that she genuinely cares and wants to help people. I like that they include the therapy session. Its one of those things that if they are doing group therapy there is only so much they chan show on tv in the time alloted -- but they rely on eachother for support and they push eachother (or that is the theory) vs competing against eachother for the almighty dollar.

What I find the most "inspiration" in is the fact that the contestants are a bunch of whiney babies... I wanna lose weight, I am on a TV show getting paid to do this.. waa whaaa whaaa.. no, of course I don't cheat on my diet, I give everything I have in my work outs, I show up waaa waaa whaaa... Seeing that behavior makes me cringe... of course, I haven't had JW put me through a workout...so maybe I would wine and cry too!! :sad: :laugh:
  • lee112780
    lee112780 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I really liked "Work Out"--Jackie Warner's last show. Thintervention seems to be a weathy, lower budget, kind of Biggest Loser w/o the prize money or eliminations. (funny since her high priced Sky Sport and Spa in LA is or was owned by Jackie and Jillian Michaels and Bravo is an NBC company).
    I really like it ,but, I wish these shows would show more about nutrition and exercise, though.

yep! Excactly what I thought! Work out was great, I never saw another sshow like it. Thintervention has been done over and over again