C25K question

Options
Are you supposed to do the days, more than 1 day in a row? Every other day?

Replies

• Kegsey55
    Kegsey55 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    As its three times a week, I spread them out so I didn't do consecutive days. I didn't think of trying to organise it any other way!
  • deannakittygirl
    deannakittygirl Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    When I followed the program it stated to do it 3 days per week with a rest day after a jog day. I did M-W-F most weeks
    Here is the link to the online version I followed ( I don't have smart phone so I just used stop watch and my brain to remember routine)
    http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    it's tougher for me to run Wed-Fri so I didn't know if it would be bad if I did it Sun, Mon and Tues
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I spreaded it out. Did 2 days in a row a couple of times but recovery was harder. I recommend you do: run brake run brake etc etc.

It's only about 30 minutes, anybody can fit 30 minutes in their schedule if they really want to.
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    i spread mine out to M-W-F when I did it. I'd recommend that at the beginning at the very least. I was wicked sore at the beginning and couldn't even finish day 1 or 2 the first time around. it gets better though.

But I'd def do a rest day between - your muscles need to rest and heal in between.
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    It's only about 30 minutes, anybody can fit 30 minutes in their schedule if they really want to.

As a single working mom, it's hard to find time to fit in 30 min later in the week
  • BigBootyMimi
    BigBootyMimi Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I did C25K last year and am now running regularly about 25+ miles per week, racing in half marathons and planning on a full marathon next spring. I say all this so that you can understand where this advice comes from...

If you run the 3 days all back-to-back-to-back then you have 4 "rest days" in a row. While it is better than not doing C25K at all, if you want to build your cardio vascular endurance you don't want 4 rest days in a row week-in and week-out. I would really suggest the every other day plan and if Wed-Friday is really hard maybe run Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday (just one of the hard days). Worst case scenario you could do Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday so you just have 3 rest days in a row as opposed to 4.

Good luck!