C25k, opinions?

Options
I've just finished the shred and was thinking about trying couch25k. Has anyone tried it? What are your opinions? :)

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    It's just running. If you want to run it will ease you into it so that you can safely work up your distance. Do you want to run? If so, and you have questions like "how far should I run" it will help you. It's running
  • marileigh0777
    Options
    I loved C25K! It is a great way to get into running without overdoing it. I finished back in April and now I run on a regular basis. BTW when I started I was 60 IBS heavier then I am now. Anyone can do it!!
  • Emily_20x
    Emily_20x Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I wanted to start getting in to running. Thanks guys :)
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    It is a great way to ease into running, yes.
    Very good in terms of reducing injury risk because it sets easy and achievable targets.
    Don't neglect the walk at the end, and don't forget to stretch after. (Doesn't have to be anything massive, but just stretching out the calves and the hamstrings goes a long way to help keep your legs healthy as you learn to run.)
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Love it and have done it twice. My advice: Stick to the program, don't do more, don't do less. Even when you feel like you could go on forever. Stick to the program.

Have Fun!
  • Emily_20x
    Emily_20x Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :)
  • meganfoster12
    meganfoster12 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I just started but it is perfect for beginner runners like me :) I love it; good luck:)