Walking or Lifting Weights

Options
I need some information
I am 57, and 224, 5'2
I have nerve pain in one foot.
If I work out on a recumbent bike I have to do it in barefeet., plus my foot is twisted in the stirrup
Treadmill, crocs, sometimes I am okay, other times I end up gritting my teeth and screaming

I have Les Pauls Pump weight lifting system, is that better for me
Do I do it every day?
What do the weight lifters think of his system

Replies

• 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I was told and have read that weight lifting should be three times a week. Your muscles need recovery time between lifting days.

I was lifting 3 days a week and doing well, but had some major changes in my daily schedule and will have to go to 2 times a week for lifting, with a 3rd day of something not as intense. (I have some chronic illness issues and have to pace myself)
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    As far as I know a good portion of body pump involves standing. You'd have to try it to see if you can safely do it with your foot issues.

Personally, I would join a gym with a pool and do seated exercises for my strength training and swim for my cardio. In fact, I've done this in the past while rehabbing various injuries
  • Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Why not look into strength training exercise that also have cardio elements to them--oblique twists come straight to mind.
  • sassy9111
    sassy9111 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for your help.
    DayPul I can't swim but I do swim laps, I put a belt around my waist and go.
    As for seated exercises, I have never heard of them, I can stand in pool if I wear a shoe
    and I can stand do to exercising but cannot wear a running shoe, I wear a croc,