P90X in the mornings?

Options
Hey all,

I'm in my 2nd week of P90X. I keep hearing in different places that exercising in the morning is best because it kicks off your metabolism and gives you energy throughout the day. However I'm not sure whether that's just for aerobic exercise like jogging.

What do you think of doing an intense workout like P90X in the mornings? Do you notice you're more energetic during the day, or are you usually more tired?

Replies

• ApocolypseCow
    ApocolypseCow Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love working out in the mornings! I have not done P90X but I am looking forward to starting it 10/1. All day at work I keep giving myself reasons to not go to the gym afterwork...doing it in the am makes it done and you can be lazy the rest of the day!
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    Have to say, when I did Insanity, I went into work buzzing BUT come 3 in the afternoon, I was wrecked. Took a week or 2 to adjust.
    I'd recommend mornings, but the first few will be tough.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I have to work out in the morning or I never get it done.....usually it's the days that I sleep a little extra and don't work out that I feel tired and sluggish. My workouts vary from spinning, boxing, running, etc or workout videos like Insanity or 30DS.