Started walking this month

Options
I found it interesting that since I have started walking on the 9th of September for not only my health, but to lose weight, I have burned 9,749 Calories and have walked a Distance: 52 miles. I look forward to next month when I can start fresh and of course the weather will be even cooler to walk.

Have to admit, my Forerunner 305 makes it a lot more fun, when I never have to worry about keeping track of any of my data and will automaticly upload it for me. I Also use the Nike + foot pod but I have never been very happy with it as it not good for mesuring distance, only steps. Is very good for when walking on treadmill how ever.

Who knows, maybe when I lose 100 more lbs, I can actually start jogging some.

If any one is interested in my walking trail, the link is here.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/50702248

Replies

• gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I just checked my pedometer I have on my iphone and here's what i got for the last 30 days

191714 steps
    99 miles
    1625 minutes
    7962 calories (hmmm - I BURN LESS THAN YOU - NO FAIR... that said, this pedometer rates REAL LOW on calories burned. I've found that out with my body bugg)

Last 180 days

215946 steps
    110.8 miles
    1846 minutes
    8868 calories
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of getting a foot pod for my forerunner 305, so at least they will work togethar on the same report. And I think cause of my age and weight is why I burn more cals, I have so much more weight to carry around. lol
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of getting a foot pod for my forerunner 305, so at least they will work togethar on the same report. And I think cause of my age and weight is why I burn more cals, I have so much more weight to carry around. lol

oh, I didn't think of that

oops
  • cocoontheradio
    cocoontheradio Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    the weather is nice here in south texas and i too have been walking, but whats the forerunner 305?
  • mykaar74
    Options
    great job, andi had one of those Forerunners but when my husbands ship left he took it with him, i loved it & I had the footpod also. i had promised the husband i would get him one but i guess he couldn't wait, so now i have to get another one, but you are right it's great. keep up the good work
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Options
    The Forerunner 305 is a GPS watch made by Garmin. It not only tracks my location, how far and how fast I walk/jog but also monitors my heart rate. Then it will up load it to Garmin's connect website where I can not only look at the path using google maps, but also will play back the path with info like sped, elevation, heart rate time and distance. You can few one of my walks by copy and pasting the link below in your browser. The fun part is when you play it back in full screen. *grin*

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/50702248

cf-sm.jpg
  • ppennington
    Options
    That device sounds really cool. Where did you buy it and if you don't mind my asking, what does something like that cost?
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Options
    you can buy it from Garmin's site, but I pick up mine at Best Buy and saved $50. Total cost was $150