What shall I have for dinner tonight?

Options
I work away from home every other week for 5 days. I am running out of things to eat in my hotel room. All low cal choices are cold and getting boring - is there anything I can get - even if its fast food that comes in under 600 cals??? I have 900 left but always like to leave room for a glass of vino!

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I work away from home every other week for 5 days. I am running out of things to eat in my hotel room. All low cal choices are cold and getting boring - is there anything I can get - even if its fast food that comes in under 600 cals??? I have 900 left but always like to leave room for a glass of vino!

Steak and potato

Tacos

Omelet and home fries

Chicken/Tuna salad sandwiches
  • alisam567
    alisam567 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I should have mentioned I have no access to a kitchen so whatever I get has to be 'eat now'
  • clbortiz
    clbortiz Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Wendy's tends to be my fast food place of choice if I am going to go that route (usually once every couple of weeks or so). I usually get either the Berry Almond Chicken salad, I use one dressing packet cause two is just too much for me, 410 cal with one packet, the Ultimate Chicken Grill Sandwich, 390 calories or I get a sour cream and chive potato (no butter) with a small chili and pour the chili over the potato, 500 total calories.
  • alisam567
    Options
    Ah I am in England - Wendy's are few and far between! I have a Burger King and a KFC - I have managed to print off nutritional guidelines for both and may be indulging in a double rodeo burger and two glasses of wine! ;-) that will leave me with a deficit of 1cal for today! Hey every calorie counts eh??
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    These are my safe foods for times like this
    Salads
    Yogurt
  • alisam567
    Options
    Thats the problem - I am bored of the cold salad, yogurt, fruit combination. I want something I can really eat! As long as I stay within my count for the day I deserve the odd treat I think!
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Any Mcdonald's nearby? 6 Chicken nuggets and a small fry is around 550, 600. Decent meal if you're bored of fruit and salads!
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Thats the problem - I am bored of the cold salad, yogurt, fruit combination. I want something I can really eat! As long as I stay within my count for the day I deserve the odd treat I think!

What fast food places do you have nearby you, is it just burger king and KFC.... I would get maybe a whopper jr, no mayo and maybe small fries or if they have like apples or something as a side. KFC.. I love those mashed potato bowls there.. I think they have a smaller version of those that have less calories?
  • MudDancer
    MudDancer Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    If you are in England doesn't M&S have a healthy line of take away meals?
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    If you have a sonnys you can have their grilled chicken breast, babked beans and once slice of garlic bread for less that 600 cals.

If you have a logans you can have mesquite wood grilled chicken breast and an order a fries and their health nut salad for around the same depending on your dressing for the salad
  • alisam567
    Options
    yes but I cant reheat anything - so its got to be cold or cooked for me ;-) I think tonight a double rodeo (504 cals) no fries and two glasses of Red wine will be just fine!! ;-) tomorrow I may even venture out and sit in a restaurant by myself! :drinker:
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Are you bringing food from home now? Do you have to fly? Are you driving?

I'm in a hotel every other week and I don't eat the food there because someone found a cockroach one time. I pack a cooler and some of my tricks include:

Hard boiled eggs
    Avocado and tuna
    Pre-cooked chicken or pork skewers (I make them the night before I leave and pack 'em to go)
    Popcorn
    Peanut Butter and Apple
    Pre-cooked roasted chicken and ratatouille

I don't usually go out because it's only one night, but if I had to I would opt for sushi or a sandwich somewhere.
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I looked up KFC. You could get a grilled chicken breast with mashed potatoes, and either green beans or corn and it will be under 500 calories. Add 1 biscuit to that and its under 600 calories. I think you can pick 2 sides. Not sure what the meals come with.

This website lets you build a meal and see how many calories it is!

http://www.kfc.com/nutrition/
  • alisam567
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your answers - clearly I had already decided I was going to damn well have a burger! I think I was looking for affirmation! ;-)

..... it has told me that there is clearly soooooo much more choice in the States though for take out food! its made me really really hungry now!
  • alisam567
    Options
    Are you bringing food from home now? Do you have to fly? Are you driving?

I'm in a hotel every other week and I don't eat the food there because someone found a cockroach one time. I pack a cooler and some of my tricks include:

Hard boiled eggs
    Avocado and tuna
    Pre-cooked chicken or pork skewers (I make them the night before I leave and pack 'em to go)
    Popcorn
    Peanut Butter and Apple
    Pre-cooked roasted chicken and ratatouille

I don't usually go out because it's only one night, but if I had to I would opt for sushi or a sandwich somewhere.

Thanks for this I am here all week - there is no fridge in my hotel room so pre packing food for more than one day is not an option. I get the train here and once I am here I am stuck! I will go out with friends one night a week when I am here and I usually do extra workouts to make up for it! To be honest if I could just overcome my fear of sitting in a restaurant alone - this would probably be a lot easier
  • Teresava77
    Teresava77 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the salad and fruit bar at a morrisons? - yum even if you are fed up of other salads. You could even get some hot chicken there to go with it.
  • toshie333
    toshie333 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I'm away alot and same as you have no heating appliances so:

Mxs
    - fuller longer chicken pesto flatbread (amazing and substantial) about 320 cal
    - fuller longer smokey chilli beef x cheese wrap 380 cal I think
    - fuller longer feta and bean salad is amazing about 400
    -count on us tomato chicken pasta salad yum! 360
    Normal Mxs
    -ham x egg sub 390 cal
    -hoisin duck wrap 285 cal
    -mooli wraps 140-150 cals (3types) lots of eating x feel
    Naughty as tasty.

Could you buy a salad bowl from
    Mxs, get cooked chicken strips x pot of fruity cous cous x add all
    Together. Sooo nice done this many times.

They also do ham x egg or ham x potato salad for 160 cals near the salad bit not sandwich bit and can add prawns etc?

Subway do lots under 400 cal and steak x cheese one is my fave maybe about 400?

I know these are all cold but they are tasty cold not boring cold hopefully. Xx
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    No kitchen???

Easy.. go to your favorite restaurant. opt for grilled chicken. :)

Or call the restaurant and do take out.

Also.. beef jerky and cheese sticks!
  • jodi41086
    Options
    Ruby Tuesdays salad bar or Applebee's under 500 calorie menu!!
  • ehorn625
    Options
    Are there restaurants near by that you can take meals to go? How about bringing a hotplate with you. Perhaps you can ask
    at the front desk of the hotel if they have a microwave you can use to heat up food. Tell them you have a medical issue and can
    only eat certain foods! Or have that hamburger you have your heart set on once every two weeks! lol