ACCOMPLISHMENTS

Options
For the last 32 weeks I have focused on "calories in and calories out" and what the scale says. Well this month I am NOT letting the SCALE define me but all the ACCOMPLISHMENTS I have made in the past 8 1/2 months!!!

I was ALWAYS focused on the eating and exercising portion but weight loss is SOOO much more than just that it is about finding yourself and dealing with the emotional side which caused me to be overweight. I haven't believed in myself or loved myself in years but let you tell you that I am so proud of myself and all that I am accomplishing :)

Here are some of my accomplishments:
-I have dropped 4 shirt sizes (3XL-XL)
-I have dropped 6 pant sizes (23XL-18)
-I have found a passion for running; yes me running :)
- I have lost 62.8 LBS and 64 inches!!!
-I have gone from being an emotional eater to someone who execises to deal with emotions
-I found a happier side of me that I have NOT seen in years!!!
-I dropped my ring from a size 11 to a 9
-I have grown closer to GOD throughout this journey; I realized that instead of craving food I need to crave GOD:)
-I have found a love for dresses and those that know me think thats crazy cause I used to be a HUGE tomboy!

More than the weight I lost or the accomplishments I have succeed in; I am truly happier, healthier, more confident about myself and I am able to say yes I am beautiful or if I hear it accept it:)

Completed day 1 of C25K; first time REALLY running and enjoying it in over 3 years!!!!!
2aine35.jpg

On the left is me at the start weighing 309.8 and on the right is the current me weighing 247.0
2wdri43.jpg

This was my battle tonight! These were NOT the stairs but the layout of the platform and it was a decent jump between each one and I honestly mentally kept telling myself that I wouldn`t be able to jump it, that I would fall or get hurt but I pushed through that mental barrier and succced and jumped and landed perfectly on each step:) I felt so accomplished I did something I set out to do:) I CAN DO ANYTHING!!!!!!!!
2ijmc6t.jpg

Replies

• minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on meeting the goals that you set for yourself.
  • cslottje
    cslottje Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing but even better are the changes you are making on the inside! I am so happy that you have grown in your relationship with Christ. You are really making life changes that will stick with you forever!
  • meganfoster12
    meganfoster12 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    thanks gals!!
  • lucystacy71
    lucystacy71 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Your accomplishments are just a reflection of what an amazing person you are. :)
  • ButterflyDame
    ButterflyDame Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I love love your confidence! You rock!
  • meganfoster12
    Options
    Thanks!
  • destiny364us
    destiny364us Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Thank you for the story, very motivational. Starting out it's hard not to focus on the scale, but I have realized that I feel better as I'm sure you do as well. Thanks for sharing.
  • mindywilliam
    mindywilliam Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Great job! That's fantastic that you are making great "healthy choices" and improving your health. I especially like the part about your desire to know God better. After all, in the Bible there is a reference to our bodies as being "earthen vessels" and we need to take care of our vessels! Way to go!
  • tlmcint
    tlmcint Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Well done indeed! And like others, I am very blessed to hear about the getting closer to God part of it. God designed us to have a desire to know Him, and it's when we work on that, that we become truly happier more loving people. Party because we begin to see ourselves as God sees us, perfect masterpieces. So healthy habits for you body, soul and spirit!!
  • meganfoster12
    Options
    thanks everyone!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!