Feel good moment!

Options
Had my yearly check up at the Dr's today, and the first thing the Dr said is how good I look, and that he couldn't believe I still had more weight to lose. THEN, and here's the best part - he said he had some weight to lose as well, and that it was hard to get motivated. So - I showed him the MFP app and he downloaded it right there in the room! I said, "Wow, I'm giving advice to my Doctor!" And he said, "Well, anyone who has been successful can give advice to other people!"

I seriously can't stop grinning!

Replies

• Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!!! Congrats! 40 lbs lost is a great achievement. :bigsmile: It must have felt awesome to get recognition from your doctor for all your hard work. Well done. :flowerforyou:
  • maureensm
    maureensm Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! I'll bet that feels so great!
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Had my yearly check up at the Dr's today, and the first thing the Dr said is how good I look, and that he couldn't believe I still had more weight to lose. THEN, and here's the best part - he said he had some weight to lose as well, and that it was hard to get motivated. So - I showed him the MFP app and he downloaded it right there in the room! I said, "Wow, I'm giving advice to my Doctor!" And he said, "Well, anyone who has been successful can give advice to other people!"

I seriously can't stop grinning!

Fantastic.....I hope you charged him for your consultation, HA!!!!:laugh:
  • ppennington
    Options
    I had a similar conversation with my doctor and she was really excited to learn about MFP. I was able to get off of 3 meds (high blood pressure, high cholesterol & high blood sugar). I go back before the end of the year to have blood work done again just to make sure everything is okay without the meds and am looking forward to seeing if SHE has lost any weight. LOL Congrats to you!
  • twnzmom
    twnzmom Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    WOW! I know that made your day, I would have been smiling in my sleep. My cardiologist has gently urged me to cut back on portions and exercise 3-4 times a week. I saw her in August and I promised myself when I left that day I was not going back in next year looking like I did when I left. So it is so encouraging to see someone got to surprise their doctor and best of all was rewarded with coming off meds. Keep up the good work!!
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Spreading the love for MFP!
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    WHAT A GREAT JOB YOU HAVE DONE!! And that is a really good idea my daughter is a Type 1 diabetic I think I will let her endocrinologist know about the site as well maybe some of his patients who are struggling could use it! Pay it forward right!? :wink:
  • saraegentry
    saraegentry Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    that's awesome! how funny :) I can't wait to get a smart phone so I can get the app!
  • goal30Lori
    goal30Lori Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It did feel great.. What a confidence booster!
  • vlynnvale
    vlynnvale Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    That's great, good for you! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!