What time do you eat dinner?

Options
I used to eat around 6pm but found myself STARVING by 8 so tonite I am going to eat around 7. Is this a good idea or is it too "late" to eat. I normally go to bed around 10:30. What time do you eat and are you starving in 2 hours?

Thanks!

Replies

• H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    My husband doesn't ususally get home until later (6-8pm)....but now that it's harvest time, I eat by myself since he's been in the fields. I've been working out later for some reason (5-6pm)... then I make supper. So it's usually 7-7:30 by time I eat. I don't stay up late either (10pm is seriously pushing it).
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I eat around 6. If I go much later, I'll start snacking prior to dinner.
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Just a note to add to my previous post, I don't eat any snacks or anything after supper - just water.
  • msccarter
    msccarter Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I eat dinner around 7 when I'm off from work. You should eat at least 3 hours before bedtime. Yes sometimes I do get hungry a couple hours afterwards so I eat fruit, most of the time grapes and drink water.
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    You should be eating 2hrs before bed. Everyone's bedtime's are different, I'm in bed most nite's between 10:00-10:30. Because I have young kids our dinner is usually ready by 6:30 because that's what works for my families schedule. I've been doing this for months now and don't eat a snack or anything afterward, not until the next morning. I don't know if this is because our bodies adjust or if it's just me but I'm not hungry until the next day. I never have dinner ready later then 7:00 and sometimes as early as 5:30 but never ever after 7:00.
  • roseyrose2000
    roseyrose2000 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Well, I eat Early. Like 5pm and i go to bed at 9:00pm. I drink alot of water with my meal. I do get a little hungry before bed, but i dont give into it., i will drink more water and if i have a little something , its a healthy treat..
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are on an odd schedule. We wake about noonish and go to bed around 4-5 am.
    Meal schedules for me go something like: (or a half hour later...give or take)

Breakfast: 12:30pm
    Snack: 3:00pm
    Lunch: 5:30pm
    Workout: around 7ish
    Snack: 8:00pm
    Dinner: 10:30pm
    Snack 1:00am...sometimes 2, even.

I think what matters is getting enough sleep and not so much a cut-off time. As long as you're not having issues sleeping (heartburn), I'd say eat whenever...as long as it fits into the numbers (not going over cals).
  • maroon58
    maroon58 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    i usually eat between 5:30 and 6:15. i also try and get my dessert in there before 8. don't know if that myth about not eating after 8 is true to i still try and stick to it.
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Between 6:30 and 7:00. I personally like to eat earlier but that doesn't work for our schedules.:happy:
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I go according to the advice of my own physician AND Dr. Oz (LOVE him!) which is no eating three hours prior to bedtime. So it depends on what time you go to bed! My rule is that our kitchen closes at 7pm. Which means no more eating! :)
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    I eat dinner when I am hungry in the general "dinner time" area of the evening.
  • dgroulx
    dgroulx Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    During my work week, I get up around 6pm. I eat dinner at 7:30pm and leave for work at 8:15pm. During my shift, I eat a Lean Pocket or a Lean Cuisine plus a Kellog's snack bar. I get off at 7:15am and eat a breakfast bar on the drive home.

During my week off, when I have my days and nights flipped back to normal, I eat around 8pm and go to bed around 11pm.

I've been eating less since July and I really don't get hungry any more.
  • MaureenH39
    MaureenH39 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    We eat dinner about 5pm...I am usually hungry for a little snack about 8pm and have one at about that time.
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Usually 7-8 depending on when I get home from work and all the other activities the kiddos are doing.