Gyming but clothes are tighter!!!!

Options
Hi everyone!
I'm really hoping someone here can help me as I have searched all over for explanations but just can't find any that I seem to believe.
I'm a 5'6 female I weighing 60kg, I started off weighing 52kgs!
I began gyming about 2-3 months ago, my daily calorie consumption is around 1100-1300 a day, and it is made up of food that is generally healthy! I consume water, maybe not as much as I should but I'm never dehydrated...
I gym 4-5 days a week, I do try and focus my attention on my thighs, butt, and abs.. My routine usually involves:
Leg presses - 30 x 3 of 140kgs
Lunges - across a room using 7.5kg weights
Squats - 15 x 3 of 30kgs
Leg raise on bench - 30 x 3 using 15kgs
I also do bridges, frogs, side planks, and many other things...
I gym for about an hour or more a day...

Recently I have noticed that my clothes are becoming extremely tight around my butt and thighs...
I seem to have toned up but I'm still not where I'd like to be as I have excess fat on my butt especially!

Is there any explanation for this? Am I gaining muscle? Am I getting fatter? Will I lose weight?
Will I bulk up?

My self esteem is not very high right now and its hard to be happy when your not seeing the results you thought you'd see and feel!

PLEASE can someone help me! :(

Replies

• donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Aim between 1300-1500 daily.
    Drink more water.
    Change up your routine.
  • mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say without knowing what you are eating. Are you tracking your calories? Are you weighing and measuring everything? With that kind of gain, I wonder if you're not tracking as accurately as you could be.
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I'm really hoping someone here can help me as I have searched all over for explanations but just can't find any that I seem to believe.
    I'm a 5'6 female I weighing 60kg, I started off weighing 52kgs!
    I began gyming about 2-3 months ago, my daily calorie consumption is around 1100-1300 a day, and it is made up of food that is generally healthy! I consume water, maybe not as much as I should but I'm never dehydrated...
    I gym 4-5 days a week, I do try and focus my attention on my thighs, butt, and abs.. My routine usually involves:
    Leg presses - 30 x 3 of 140kgs
    Lunges - across a room using 7.5kg weights
    Squats - 15 x 3 of 30kgs
    Leg raise on bench - 30 x 3 using 15kgs
    I also do bridges, frogs, side planks, and many other things...
    I gym for about an hour or more a day...

Recently I have noticed that my clothes are becoming extremely tight around my butt and thighs...
    I seem to have toned up but I'm still not where I'd like to be as I have excess fat on my butt especially!

Is there any explanation for this? Am I gaining muscle? Am I getting fatter? Will I lose weight?
    Will I bulk up?

My self esteem is not very high right now and its hard to be happy when your not seeing the results you thought you'd see and feel!

PLEASE can someone help me! :(

Since your diary isn't open it's a little hard to give you advice. Can you make it public?
  • appygirl84
    appygirl84 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You are doing a lot of strength. Have you thought about adding in some cardio? You may be building some killer muscles, did you measure before hand or weigh?
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    You are doing a lot of strength. Have you thought about adding in some cardio? You may be building some killer muscles, did you measure before hand or weigh?

I highly doubt that anyone would build up 'killer muscles' in 2-3 months to the point of clothes getting tight, especially eating 1300 calories or less....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!