Help With Diet/Fitness Profile

I have recently gone from being a SAHM (sedentary lifestyle) to a job with the local SPCA where I am on my feet and physically active 4-6 hours a day/5 days a week. I have a FitBit and I am averaging about 8500ish steps during my 4 hour shifts. I am trying to figure out how to adjust my calories and what to change my activity level to with MFP. I don't do any other exercise other than the occasional 1-2 mile walk a couple of days a week.

I am still about 60 lbs from my goal weight, so I still want to be losing a fair amount of weight a week. I've been at about 1200 calories a day for the last year. I have had RNY gastric bypass, so eating back all the calories I've been burning with my new physical activity has been extremely difficult because I physically can't eat that much food. Since my surgery, I have found my food intake to be between 1200 and 1500 calories a day at best.

Any suggestions as to what I should be setting my Fitness Profile to? I've been wavering between Lightly Active and Active.

Replies

• karlalband
    karlalband Posts: 196 Member
    Bump
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    I would choose Moderately Active. Then only log actual workouts.
  • Lissa_M
    Lissa_M Posts: 131
    My FitBit automatically counts the calories I burn from walking and applies that as part of my daily activity, which is why I was debating on lightly active. I don't want to end up not burning enough calories a day or burning too many.