Clothing sizes.

Options
I'm 158cm, 60.8kg and currently a size 10/12 for bottoms depending on fabric. I wanted to know how much would i need to lose to just fit into a size 8 and 10?

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I don't know that anyone can tell you that.

Someone who does mostly strength and loses a lot of inches, but only loses say 5lbs will fit into smaller clothes than another person who loses 5lbs but not many inches. There are too many factors that come into play for anyone to give you an accurate answer. Different brands of the same size can have different waist band lengths. Muscle to fat ratio. Where your body decides to lose fat from first will also make a difference.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Totally depends on your body. For some people it will be 5-10lbs - for others like me it will be many many more. I've yet to change sizes, but the average seems to be around 10lbs or so a size.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Hard to say...I am 5ft 7 (170cm) and 169 3/4 lbs (77kg) and I am in a size 8....
  • hidbee
    hidbee Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    literally impossible to tell. my cousin and i both weigh the same and i am in a size 8 and she is in a size 12.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm 158cm, 60.8kg and currently a size 10/12 for bottoms depending on fabric. I wanted to know how much would i need to lose to just fit into a size 8 and 10?
    Depends on body type and composition.
  • UNLESS19
    Options
    depends on how many inches you loose around your waist, hips, butt and legs and your structure
    weight doesn't mean much PLUS sizes vary from store to store (annoyingly) I can be size 10 jeans one place and size 12 others!
    Try measuring yourself and looking on your favourite store's website and look at their sizes and the measurements for them :)
    Add me if you like! always looking for people to motivate and to motivate back, or even just to make conversation :)
    <3
  • walleymama
    walleymama Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hard to say...I am 5ft 7 (170cm) and 169 3/4 lbs (77kg) and I am in a size 8....

And I am 5'6 and weigh 146 lbs and yet I'm in a size 12 and have not seen size 8 since I was a teenager.

For me, size 10 is my 'skinny' size. So yeah, you really cannot tell. It is literally all over the map....
  • oiseau17
    oiseau17 Posts: 142 Member
    Options

And I am 5'6 and weigh 146 lbs and yet I'm in a size 12 and have not seen size 8 since I was a teenager.

For me, size 10 is my 'skinny' size. So yeah, you really cannot tell. It is literally all over the map....

This! I'm 5'8", 157 lbs and wearing a 14 in jeans. At my thinnest (when I became pregnant) at 135 I was wearing an 8 or a 10. I have a large frame so an 8 is my super-skinny size :)
  • catfive1
    catfive1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options

This! I'm 5'8", 157 lbs and wearing a 14 in jeans. At my thinnest (when I became pregnant) at 135 I was wearing an 8 or a 10. I have a large frame so an 8 is my super-skinny size :)

I'm 5'7", 154 lbs and wear a size 8 or 10. Even at 145 lbs I'm in a size 8.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Well, UK or US? That makes a difference too...

But really, it depends a lot on the brand anyway. I tried some Levi's and the 12s were too tight (like, I can close them, but massive muffin top). Then I got some Lee's, size 8, that are a bit tight but will probably fit great in one month. And the random brand pants I bought in size 8 2 months ago are a bit big for me now.

I'm 5'5" and 71.5 kg, and in the US.