Runtastic and similar apps..

Options
I downloaded runtastic to my mobile today and its drained my battery 3 times.. does anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Have you left it running?

Make sure it's off, and gps is off, when not in use.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    I use NIke+ with my iPod. My 45-60min workouts don't put a dent in the battery life, even when also running a C25K app and my music.
  • suannemarie
    Options
    I had that issue as well even when it wasn't running, so I ditched the app.

I use a combination of Runmeter (time/distance/announce) and MapMyRun (for the maps) now.
  • beancurdie
    beancurdie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Play with the settings a bit. There should be a power save mode you can use if battery life is an issue. FWIW, I have an iPhone 4 and I can use Runtastic for at least an hour and still have 40% of my battery left.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    turn off all other apps running in the background and dim the brightness a little to squeeze more out of your battery..but GPS, Bluetooth etc being ON all the time will really empty it out super quick
  • t1nk6
    t1nk6 Posts: 215
    Options
    it was running for 12 mins then my full battery died.. no other apps , gps or blue tooth etc running, power save settings and dim light already on it.. thanks ill try the other apps mentioned if it does it again tomorrow ;)
  • louannsab
    louannsab Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I think the bluetooth takes up too much battery life
  • t1nk6
    Options
    i think i need a new mobile ;)
  • David1406
    Options
    I don't think its Runtastic that's the problem. I use it all the time...sometimes for 2 hours with music playing as well. Even when the music is the internet-fed Spotify, I have never had a battery issue on my Samsung Galaxy S3. I think a new battery in your phone might be the answer!
  • Cyanimoons
    Options
    I had a full battery today when I used it to go biking for almost 2 hours. It drained a little less than half of my battery, so it wasn't really a big deal. I like the app; it works well for me.
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    My Iphone is usually around 40% after 1 1/2 hours using Runstastic and iHerat Radio. I sometimes use my battery backup for longer bike trips.
  • MYhealthyjourney70
    Options
    i use runkeeper along with music playing at the same time and i haven't had any issues...
  • TrailNurse
    TrailNurse Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    MapMyRun doesn't run down the battery like others do. I ran for over 2 hours one time and it didn't use hardly anything. I also had Pandora going at the same time. ;)
  • TrailNurse
    TrailNurse Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Don't use Endomondo......it runs down your battery too.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    like others have said, it is probably still running in the background or you need a new battery. I can have it going for an hour with music/gps and the screen on and it doesn't even use 40% of my battery
  • t1nk6
    Options
    thats definately the problem then.. i need a new battery.. good excuse to get a new mobile instead tho haha