Who else is loving 30 day shred?

Options
socialdeee
socialdeee Posts: 87 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Hi Guys,

I have just completed the 30 day shred and thought id make a video on this and show some results, so please check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A6Yux5aCVI

Have you guys tried this shred? Did it work for you??

Im moving onto the 6 week six pack work out, which Jillian also does. Anyone doe this already?? Hope you find my video useful!

xx

Replies

• CaptainMilda
    CaptainMilda Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi, great video :-) I've tried 6 weeks six pack and it is good ;-)
  • lea_sparkles
    lea_sparkles Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm on D2L2 and I'm loving it so far. Although I have to say, level 2 is a killer! So much harder than level 1.
  • MrsGraves1987
    MrsGraves1987 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm on D2L2 and I'm loving it so far. Although I have to say, level 2 is a killer! So much harder than level 1.

Same! Did Day2 Lev 2 this morning. I find Strength and Abs loads harder than the cardio on this one, whereas I found the Cardio harder on Lev 1. Weird?

Especially some of the squats and lifts (Don't know what they're called) - I'm using 4lb weights at the mo and I'm finding that quite tough!! :explode:
  • socialdeee
    Options
    I only started L1 day 1 yesterday and im in soo muc pain! Please tell me it gets easier?? haha
  • lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the DVD box set of Jillian workouts and the 30day shred will be the first one I do.... I hear its quite hardcore but I only have limited time a day to squeeze in a work out so it sounds like this will be perfect for me! Bit scared though!
  • Nina1007
    Options
    I actually do really like it. I'm on day 18 today. 2 more days til level 3. I think it's a fast and effective workout. I had my doubts about working out to a dvd but I actually like it. I use 10lb weights so its especially difficult, and I don't do as meny reps as they do with the arm workouts. I'd recommend it though.
  • lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    How do you record a 30 day shred workout on MFP?
  • socialdeee
    Options

I log it as general circuits for 20 mins
  • notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Options

To really calculate your burn you should get a HRM. MFP drastically over-estimates calorie burn, especially for the 30DS!

On a different note, I did the full 30DS about this time last year (although I didn't spend much time on level 3) I lost about 12 pounds in a month in a half. It is a great program and I still do it about once a week.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

To really calculate your burn you should get a HRM. MFP drastically over-estimates calorie burn, especially for the 30DS!

On a different note, I did the full 30DS about this time last year (although I didn't spend much time on level 3) I lost about 12 pounds in a month in a half. It is a great program and I still do it about once a week.

HRM are not accurate for 30DS unfortuntely as it is considered Circuit training. I have just finished my 2 round of 30DS to ensure I could do them all non modified and used MFP calorie esitmates and usually ate most of them back...

Since the stat of the 2nd round (including eating most of exercise calories back) have lost 5.25 lb....in 5 weeks...
  • tihi18
    tihi18 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm on Day Level 1. Did anyone find it helped with weighloss? Or did you just lose inches?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm on Day Level 1. Did anyone find it helped with weighloss? Or did you just lose inches?

Both for me...the first 30 days (well 33 I missed 3) I lost a total of 9 inches and 3lbs (I wasn't weighing my food so underestimating calories) this 2nd set I have lost 5.25lbs (on my last day) but I am also eating a calorie deficet, no inches this time but my abs are starting to show...:drinker:

I have just found that I am stronger then I was 70 days ago...non modified all the way....
  • nikix123
    Options
    I've just started. Did level 1 day 2 today, feeling the burn! X
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    ive just started as well. i am on level one day 4 and the soreness ive had the last 3 days is actually much better today!!!!!!!!
  • socialdeee
    Options
    I personally didnt see any weightloss. But ive lost inches!!
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I started gaining a lot of muscle doing this program. Had to stop half way through.
  • socialdeee
    Options
    I think that might be me! I think i ganined muscle doing this prgram but i didnt mind because i looked leaner.
This discussion has been closed.