Crumpets Anyone?!

Options
Hey all! Pretty much addicted to crumpets lately... been eating them for breakfast every day for the past week or so :o usually just have them with some clotted cream and lemon curd (not very healthy or filling), but have heard that some people eat them more savory and I would like to change it up a bit... soooooooo QUESTION: How do you eat your crumpets?!

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Grilled with cheese for savoury

With butter and honey for sweet
  • Dovekat
    Dovekat Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I also have them with cheese / cheese and ham. I like them with peanut butter and honey together as well for sweet but I'm weird like that lol.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I don't know what a crumpet is....
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options

Little disks of love and happiness!! I have to special order them here from mail order.... so it makes it easy NOT to buy them.

Savory I like grilled cheese with bacon
    Sweet I like them just with some butter and jam or just with lemon curd
  • Penfoldsplace
    Options
    marmite and butter is amazing, I could eat them everyday.
  • mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    peanut butter
    laughing cow wedge
    avocado & over easy egg

I eat them almost every day for breakfast. Yum.
  • MexicanOsmosis
    MexicanOsmosis Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    The cheap copy of crumpets are referred to as English Muffins here in the States...I think, could be wrong though.
  • MexicanOsmosis
    MexicanOsmosis Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    The cheap copy of crumpets are referred to as English Muffins here in the States...I think, could be wrong though.

Apparently I'm wrong. http://www.thekitchn.com/whats-the-difference-crumpets-113577
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

Little disks of love and happiness!! I have to special order them here from mail order.... so it makes it easy NOT to buy them.

Savory I like grilled cheese with bacon
    Sweet I like them just with some butter and jam or just with lemon curd
    ...Why wouldn't you just make them?:huh:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

Apparently I'm wrong. http://www.thekitchn.com/whats-the-difference-crumpets-113577
    Yeah, English muffins and crumpets are nothing alike, other than they are both griddled.
  • Teresava77
    Teresava77 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter for me - kids like dairylea with them. I also like fish on them, sardines in ketchup or tuna and salad cream.
  • missshyeviolett
    missshyeviolett Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    You can buy delicious crumpets in the US at Trader Joe's ;)
  • lalalalinzy
    lalalalinzy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    YUM YUM YUM! Thanks guys :3 I've fallen in love with them... so light, fluffy AND low cal :o can't beat it!

For those curious, I find them at the grocery store (Andronico's for those in CA bay area) in the bread isle ;D