Dude. Back fat.

Hi everyone,

I know you can't "spot train" to lose weight in a certain area of your body and the only way to truly slim down is by doing cardio and eating fewer calories. But I hate the fact that I am "top heavy", carrying most of my weight in my tummy and upper body. I have those "rolls" that are really aggravating to have.

Has anyone here lost a significant amount weight and lost the back fat? If so, how much weight did you have to lose to start seeing changes in your upper body?

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    I started seeing changes immediately. Most obviously starting from the shoulders and working down, as the excess baggage "peeled" off.

But yeah, there is a difference right from the get go.
  • hungryhobbit1
    hungryhobbit1 Posts: 259 Member
    Back fat is usually the first to go, for me. But everyone is different. By the time I was down 20 pounds there was a significant difference. Now I'm carrying most of my fat in my belly, which looks a little bit better than the "lumpy" look I was sporting before.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    doesn't really matter how long it takes other people to see changes in certain areas. your genetic wiring will determine your particular fat loss pattern. so keep training in a deficit and eventually you'll see changes everywhere, even if doesn't happen in the order that you would prefer.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    so you said you knew you couldn't spot train then you asked how to spot train?

ok...you have the answer, you can't..

your genetic wiring (as DavPul said) will largely determine how the loss pattern goes.

Good luck and keep at it.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    My back fat is reducing with consistent weight training... but it's reducing everywhere. Time and patience...
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Keep working at it ! I lost from chest first. Hip and abdominal fat taking the longest to get rid of it! Mine is almost gone! Yours will be gone too! Hard work and persistence is key!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    doesn't really matter how long it takes other people to see changes in certain areas. your genetic wiring will determine your particular fat loss pattern. so keep training in a deficit and eventually you'll see changes everywhere, even if doesn't happen in the order that you would prefer.

This guy knows what he's talking about.

Eat at a deficit, do some exercise, apply time and patience. You'll get there.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Hi everyone,

I know you can't "spot train" to lose weight in a certain area of your body and the only way to truly slim down is by doing cardio and eating fewer calories. But I hate the fact that I am "top heavy", carrying most of my weight in my tummy and upper body. I have those "rolls" that are really aggravating to have.

Has anyone here lost a significant amount weight and lost the back fat? If so, how much weight did you have to lose to start seeing changes in your upper body?

In my opinion, weight training helps!

The top row is over quite a few months. The far right is about 6 months after I started weight training. The other 2 are about 6 months later.
    8695411701_b015869e12.jpg
    photo grid by crochetmom2010, on Flickr
  • Scubanana7
    Scubanana7 Posts: 361 Member
    I see you are only 25. Your back fat will all go away, you lucky thing! Just work hard, weight train and cardio and you will lose it all! Even my old lady back looks better (and I am an 'apple' like you). Course the apples always lose the tummy/mid-section last! My arms/legs were never really 'fat' and I lose weight there first, which made my tummy look even bigger before it started shrinking. :sad:

And it is--ever soooo slowly! My back isn't awful, has muscles, but has extra skin that will spread over the top of a too-tight swimsuit! I hope it tighens up with time. It doesn't 'hang', thank goodness...but it can be squished in too tight bra, etc. You shouldn't have any of that at your lovely young age! So don't worry--just work out. :bigsmile: