Weekend gain/skinny friends rant! ;) [just for laughs!]

Options
So a 7lbs gain after a holiday weekend camping trip :( I temporarily left the wagon for 3 days, and I'm aware that this will just be sodium/water retention...but still I feel the need for a rant for the following reasons...

- I was away with 5 of my normal weighted friends. It was an amazing weekend...we all had the exact same amount to eat/drink. I bet that none of them are depressed about a 7lb gain this morning!

- I really don't think we ate/drank to excess. Yes we ate out but we only had 2 meals a day (which I was conscious of not choosing the most calorific option) and at night I was sticking to vodka/soda.

-We spent 5 hours tubing and wakeboarding on Sunday. I couldn't frickin move the next day, I must have burned something!

-We danced our butts off at night!

-I had a conversation about fitness with one of my beam-pole male friends. He is trying to gain weight/muscle etc. I am considering joining his gym, and he was telling me that they do a fitness/health test when you join and check your body fat percentage etc. He found out that he has 9% body fat!! 9%?!? How is that even possible? I probably have that in one of my boobs lol!!

Just for the record, this post is in no way serious! I know why I gained, I know that like my friends everything will even out again (only they get to even back out to being a normal weight!), and I know that tall, skinny men have a much lower body fat percentage than even tall, skinny women do....but it's just not fair!! :P

Rant over, back to Mission Buff now ;)

Hope you all had a great weekend!

P.S. Also! I am aware that I was probably quite dehydrated this weekend. I know this because we bought a 12 pack of 500ml waters for the car ride home. I drank 4 of them within 2 hours and still didn't feel the need to pee. Drink your H2O people! :)

Replies

• ikrissyt
    ikrissyt Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I didn't want to weigh in this morning because of the holiday festivities. I think I'll wait until tomorrow morning. Maybe that'll balance things out a bit more? haha. I think it's okay to let loose every once in a while as long as you get back on track right away. If I didn't let myself eat some ice cream or drink a couple beers while camping, I'd go crazy. Sounds like you had a good weekend!