Maintenance friends wanted

Options

Replies

• whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Whitebalance: Thanks for the info! Sounds like you've found a nice "balance" :) Congrats on the return to running. I love it. There is nothing more cathartic than putting in the earbuds and heading out the door on a beautiful day. Have you looked into a couch to 5k program? It will get you to that 3.1 safely in about 8-10 weeks. Sounds like you could even skip the first few weeks since you're already doing a continuos mile. I went to your profile to check out your exercise log and your settings are private. Just FYI.
    Well, that wasn't very friendly of me! Thanks for the tip, Denise. I think I've fixed it. Let me know if something still says it's private.
    I notice a lot of Fitbit users among you maintainers! I'm a fitbitter too. A lot of you run MUCH more than me - gives me something to look up to. :smile:
    I might pick up c25k. Right now, running is that thing I never did before that's new and unexpectedly fun. Good shoes and a good sports bra make a huge difference!
  • tjthegreatone
    Options
    I'll join the club! I'm at maintenance now but with a bit of yo-yo-ing.
    Just returned from a no-holds barred holiday of eating all sorts and unfortunately haven't quite got back to eating sensibly :grumble: Still carrying an extra kilo or two which I haven't recorded haha.
    It'll be good to have friends with similar goals.
    Mine are set to 1770 net but I usually eat closer to 2000 net, gross 2500-2700 per day. (Female, 5'9, 29).
    Feel free to add me if anyone is interested.
  • mtfr810
    mtfr810 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Looking for maintenance friends too!
  • ganzelly
    ganzelly Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Mostly here for maintenance, I've lost some weight which I am really happy with, gained alot of it back over the holidays, lost it again until vacation a few weeks ago. So I am always going up and down a few pounds. I love to eat, cook and bake, workout 6 days a week doing mostly p90x and a bit of running. I'm 5 5 1/2 and about 127 but I like to be 124. Feel free to add me, I log everyday and try to be supportive of others. I'm on here more than Facebook! My diary is open so you can see I didn't have the best eating weekend...
  • ChristophHewett
    ChristophHewett Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I've found this thread. Entering (southern hemisphere) spring I'm looking for like-minded people who have already achieved their weight goals and are either maintaining or pushing through to the next level.

I'm 6'7" and currently 112kg (put on a few winter kilos, that are now on my hit list). Apart form that I'm really happy with my form and just love being active. We're escaping Winter here in Australia which means 9 months of sun & fun. Looking forward to sharing with like-minded people on MFP.

Feel free to add me. :wink:
  • BrookeBQ
    BrookeBQ Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I am maintaining but any loss is welcome. I don't trust myself to stop using MFP. Anyone can friend me! :)
  • LilyandO
    LilyandO Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Im Lily from Melbourne and Im just heading into maintenance - nice to virtually meet you all!

Just a little bit about me : Im 29, 5'5 and currently weight 72.5kgs (159lbs) and aiming to get to about 70kgs (154lbs). I started at 88.8kgs (196lbs) in October 2012 and have done really well using MFP and regular exercise. Im trying to lose the last few verrrry verrrry slowly so I can increase my consumption a little bit every few weeks.

I love my food and my desserts so Im more about eating everything in moderation and ensuring I have exercised to eat anything naughty/beyond daily calorie goals. I go to the gym 5 times a week for about 40-50 mins each sessions with 2 sessions a week doing strength training. I try to keep active the other 2 days but I dont force myself (I can be back with letting myself recover/relax).

Im also a vegetarian + moderately gluten intolerant and try to eat fairly healthy - I cook most of my meals at home and try to eat healthy when eating out. It is very important that I eat healthy but also enjoy food and the social aspect around food. I do however restrict alcohol consumption for special occasions (tough to find gluten free beer!)

Id love to have maintaining friends on my list and share and support each other. Please feel free to add me!
  • Seesawboomerang
    Seesawboomerang Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    All of you feel free to add me.

I am on maintenance at 1700 calories although I do let myself go a little over from time to time (as really they should be set at more like 1900 inclusive of light exercise). This is because it's hard to ignore those exercise calories MFP factors in and I tend to end up eating them.

I set my maintenance manually based on various calculators. My body fat is 25% and I'm looking to get this done by a couple of per cent.

I lost 30lbs a few years ago with MFP but had a bit of a diet mentality about it and some weight did creep back.

I'm only counting now to get myself back on track and will probably stop logging daily after I reach my current goal of reducing body fat. However I will continue to weigh weekly and measure monthly, and check in on my friends here. I'll count calories each time I fall out of my ideal weight range:

Height: 5'8"
    CW: 140lbs
    Ideal range: 127-132lbs
  • doggiesnot
    doggiesnot Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 50 pounds since my highest two years ago. I'm happily married, and am enjoying a new, active lifestyle that includes bicycling, running and yoga. If anyone is interested in being MFP friends, please send a FR. I haven't logged my food in a long time, and try to eat homemade and healthy, always looking to try new recipes.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Sending FR now :) I've been maintaining for the better part of 20yrs, besides a failed pregnancy in 1996. Anyone else looking for maintenance friends, feel free to add me! :)
  • kanuckkim74
    Options
    Since I've reached my goal weight (I did MFP for a year and then went off, but find it hard to quit a great thing) I'm finding it hard to maintain my weight. I'm looking for motivational friends who can give me some tips on how to maintain. I'll be a positive motivator for you as well.
  • rutherng
    Options
    I am into maintenance as well. Lost approx 45 lbs in a span of 8 months. Have been maintaining since April of this year. I just discovered that maintaining is even more difficult than losing. I have been faithful in logging in to MFP every meal. Happy with the results.
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I've been maintaining for about 18 months now. Feel free to add me.
  • mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I am more like maintaining and strengthening after gaining a few back.;feel free to add me!!
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    After losing 30 lbs 2 years ago, and then an additional 15 this winter/spring, I finally hit my goal weight in May and have been attempting to maintain ever since.

I've never been this thin in my adult life, so it is a bit of a challenge for me to maintain. I have had a lot of slip ups where I eat like my old self and gain 5 lbs, then I have to work it off again, and repeat...

It is really a process for me and I could definitely use more friends in maintenance mode too! Sending FR now!

Also - I'm 5' 6.5", 125 lbs (at least that's my goal, as I mentioned, I'm not the best at maintaining, so it's more like 125-128 depending on the week). My calories are set at 1600 + exercise.
  • Galloping4God
    Galloping4God Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have hit my limit with weight loss, I believe. I would love some maintainer friends, too! Feel free to add me :)
  • mamahannick
    mamahannick Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I'm Kate, 5'9", right around 130 lbs, and trying to maintain. Currently eating just over 1700/day. I always love adding new like-minded friends! :)
  • xbeingawesome33x
    Options
    To everyone who is maintainin.. do you guys keep glycogen levels up ? Glycogen comes with 2-4 pounds of water weight..
    Need some answers please :(
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me! :) I'm trying to maintain (or actually more like burn fat and gain muscle). been hovering for almost six months now.. :D
  • lauramcconnell7535
    Options
    Maintaining is proving to be harder to figure out than losing the weight was, it seems to be a real trial and error process that can be more errors than anything else.
    Would love to have more friends in the maintenance process too.
    Feel free to add me.
    Laura