Any other future brides for March 2014?

Options
So, I'm getting married in March. And of COURSE, like every other bride...I want to lose weight! I hate that I've let it creep back on. It's soo easy to do...going out to dinner with friends or with the fiance...yeah, that'll do it. I need to make wiser choices when I go out to eat anyways. I need to lose about 30 lbs but I'd be happy losing at LEAST 15 before the big day. I also don't want to go dress shopping until I've lost some. I need someone to kick me in the butt and get me motivated!

Replies

• kimkim2014
    Options
    I'm getting married May 2014. Feel free to add me
  • mrsjones2point0
    mrsjones2point0 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Our date is set for May 2014 as well!

Feel free to add me, I've got a long road ahead of me! I broke down and went dress shopping this last weekend, and found one that fit me like a glove! So exciting!!
  • Karaboo
    Karaboo Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Congrats! :) Did you buy the dress?? If so, are you planning on maintaining? Or losing & having to alter?
  • mrsjones2point0
    Options
    I haven't bought it yet.

I'm struggling with it. . . it's so different than what I went looking for - but it's perfect (go lookit the back under my pictures).

And it's a lot more expensive than my original choice, so I will wait until next month to order

I'm still planning on losing the weight and toning up my back and arms (it's strapless, YIKES!)
  • Karaboo
    Options
    Wow that dress is beautiful! I can see why you are struggling! I really don't want to spend over $200 on my dress. But, we shall see! I'm obsessed with watching "Four Weddings" And "say yes to the dress" on TLC.
  • mrsjones2point0
    Options
    I like four weddings, my daughter (13) loves Say Yes to the Dress, my mother is obsessed with that other dress shop one, but spent a chunk of time this weekend watching David Tutera's My Fair Wedding. . .

Yeah, my original choice is $200. . .

We are going to try to have a yard sale in 2 weeks, if I can make enough from that, I can justify upping my dress budget and getting the dress.

My fiance says "Get the one you want, eff the expense we will work it out"

Yeah, there's a reason he's a keeper :)
  • Karaboo
    Options
    I agree! My fiance feels the same way...I just can't see spending that much on a dress for ONE day. But hey, I may fall in love with an expensive dress...who knows!
  • melsheppard27
    Options
    I'm getting married in June 2014 and am planning to lose more before the big day although I have already bought my dress. I wasn't planning to buy just to try some on but fell in love with one that was being discontinued so had to buy it. It has a corset back so could easily get away with losing some otherwise it will have to be taken in, no way was I going t buy the size smaller just incase I didn't lose any more.
    X